"No job goes unfinished,"

No One's Point of View

Waking up in the middle of the night, Kelsey didn't expect to find the other side of the bed vacant of the body that kept her warm. Frowning slightly, the crevices of her forehead wrinkled matching the downwards pull of her lips. Turning onto her back, she blinked up at the ceiling remembering the last few hours of their time together, keeping in mind that things were finally starting to get better for them. 

It was almost as if they were the rainbow at the end of the storm; a storm that always kept coming back. 

He didn't want to push his luck, she knew that, but her body craved his touch. She wanted to feel the strength of his arms wrapped around her small frame, protecting her from the outside world that seemed to find its way to her time and time again. 

He was the magnet that kept pulling her to him, a force so strong no one could break it. It didn't matter what obstacles they had to go through, as long as they had each other, that was all they needed to survive. 

Reaching over to her bedside table, Kelsey grabbed her phone off the top to see she had received a message from Justin. 

Smiling lightly, she swiped her finger across the screen, waiting for it to open up. When it did, her heart fluttered like it had so many other times before. 

From: Justin 

Sorry I left like that without saying goodbye, but I didn't want to wake you. You looked so peaceful and I missed that about you. Love you, and I'll see you later. 

Biting her lip, she giggled lightly before typing back a response and putting her phone away just as her bedroom door opened. 

Peeking up under the covers, she saw Carly standing timidly in the doorway. "Morning," she said. 

"Morning," stretching, Kelsey sat up, keeping the sheets tucked under her arms as she yawned, blinking over at her best friend. 

"Did you have fun last night?" 

Pressing her lips together, Kelsey looked down at her fingers, refusing to meet her eyes. "I'm not going to fight you on this again." 

"I don't want to fight with you," she sighed before walking inside and closing the door behind her. "I just want you happy--" 

"I am happy," Kelsey argued. 

"Kelsey." 

Sighing, Kelsey looked away for a split second before glancing down at her nails, trying her hardest to focus on the chip of her nail polish.  

"We all make mistakes," she murmured quietly. "I told you already, I'm not just going to forget everything, but I can't keep pushing him away when he's the only thing in my life I know I have right in my life." Looking up at her, Kelsey shrugged, "I love him." 

Blinking over at her best friend, a small smile graced the curves of her lips as she nodded, "I know."