"They didn't believe in you but I did."

Kelsey’s Point of View:

“You came back for me…” Shaking my head, I stared over at him with all the adoration I could process. “You’re really here, you’re…” Giving him a quick kiss to the cheek, I inwardly thanked God for bringing him back to me. Pulling away, I wiped my face clear, making my way to the door. “Nurse!”

Groaning, Justin squeezed his eyes shut, shifting slightly as he wiggled his fingers around adjusting to the unfamiliar stiffness in his body.

“Are you okay? Do you need anything?” I whispered in a hushed tone from the doorway, not wanting to bewilder him with any sounding that his ears might not be used to right now.

Shaking his head, Justin cracked a small smile, “You worry too much.” He coughed, clutching his chest in the palm of his hand.

“I have every right to worry about you; you just woke up from surgery.” I sighed, giving him a look of disapproval at his choice of words. “I wouldn’t be anything but.”

“Excuse me,” A voice startled me as a pack of nurses walked past, ushering over to Justin as they began bustling around the room, checking his charts and the monitors on each of the machines.

“Mr. Bieber, I’m going to need you to follow the light sir.” Clicking a light on, he held it over Justin’s right eye, the index finger of his other hand following suit beside it. “You seem to be following what I’m saying which is good. Do you have any pains?”

“My chest,” Justin rasped out, his eyes trying to find mine through the bundle of people besides him but with no such luck, he remained still, listening to anything else he had to do.

“That’s okay because you just woke up from a brutal hit. We’ve injected a pain relief inside your IV which will begin to work in just a few short seconds.”

“Thank you,” Justin moaned out as he laid still, his hands on top of his stomach, the distant look in his eyes now gone.

“We’ll be back shortly. Try not to move too much or stress yourself out. You do not want anything to rile you up or push you over your limit. You’re still very fragile.”

Nodding without saying anything, Justin grunted as they all walked away.

“I called your mom and the guys to let them know you woke up.” I softly interjected as I made my way over to his bed side once more.

“My mom?” Shock extracted throughout his face making my heart constrict at the look of disbelief in his eyes.

“I called her when they brought you in here. I thought that with the slim possibilities… she should know that her son is in critical condition.”

Licking his chapped lips, Justin winced at the detachment coursing through his body. “Thank you.” He whispered, his eyes gleaming with appreciation.

“Anything for you, you know that.” I smiled, grabbing his hand in mine as I gave it a gentle squeeze.