Where the hell is my boyfriend?

Kelsey’s Point of View:

Something was wrong.

I could feel it.

I didn’t know what it was or what it could be but it was there. That sinking feeling that always popped up when something terrible had occurred—the clawing of your insides being torn from within as the sinking of your heart washed away all your desires to think positively.

It made me sick to my stomach. Not knowing what was going on around you or even having remotely any hint on what it was that was warning me to keep together.

When Bruce called, I didn’t know what to think. He rarely ever called and the one time he did it was to ask me about Justin and that was something he never did before.

It’s one thing for me to worry but when it’s the other way around and Bruce is the one trying to remain calm, you know something just isn’t right.

Pacing the floors of my apartment, I held my lower stomach as I absentmindedly ran the fingers of my free hand through my hair, pulling at the ends and examining them every once and a while.

“You need to stay still before you give yourself an anxiety attack,” Carly suggested quietly as she stood off to the side, her eyes watching my every move as I walked in front of her.

Shaking my head, I ignored her, not even bothering to reply as I slapped my hands to my thighs in aggravation, “Where the hell is he? He said he was going to be here half an hour ago!”

“Relax, he was probably held up and needed some more time to sort things out. I’m sure everything is fine, you’re just overreacting.” Carly sighed, crossing her arms against her chest.

“I knew I shouldn’t have let him go.” I mumbled, refusing to pay any attention to Carly. “He still has to recover from what happened the last time and I just… I thought he’d be able to handle something on his own…” Pausing, I shook my head, “I just hope he’s alright.”

Giving me a sympathetic smile, Carly pushed herself off the wall as she made her way over to me. “I’m sure he’s okay.” Laying a comforting hand on my back, she rubbed it up and down in a soothing motion.

“But Bruce doesn’t even know where he is…” I began again, “He even called Carly. He never calls especially when it comes to Justin.”

“He probably wanted to make sure things were okay. You know how things have been these past few days. Everybody’s on edge with what’s been going on.” Pulling me into a side hug, Carly laid her head on my shoulder, “Don’t think too much of it. I bet you Justin will walk through that front door in a matter of seconds.” She gave me a smile.

Licking my lips, I shrugged, looking away. “If you say so,” Pulling away, I dragged my feet over to the couch as I slumped down on it, my foot repeatedly tapping against the hardwood—something I tend to do every time I’m nervous.

“Look—,” Carly began before stopping herself short, her eyes narrowing out towards the window as she took a step towards it, “Wait… is that their car?”