"Don't fight me on this."

Kelsey’s Point of View

:

Leaning down, I flicked the handle on the door that led inside to Justin’s hospital room with my elbow, two cups filled to the top with coffee occupying my hands. Pressing my back against the surface, I pushed it open, stumbling inside where I expected to see either Justin awake orsleeping but was surprised to find him not there at all, the bed made as if he hadn’t have been here for a week.

Nearly dropping the coffees, I settled them down on the cabinet near the door before looking all around the room for any signs of him leaving or forced entry. When I ended up empty handed with no clue whatsoever where my boyfriend could be, panic overtook my existence. “Nurse!” I screamed, running to the door. “Nurse, get in here please!”

Going back into the room, I sprawled my fingers on the bedspread, biting the inside of my cheek to keep from overstepping the boundaries and losing my mind. Whisking around once I heard footsteps coming towards me, I let out a breath, “Where’s my boyfriend? Did you take him for tests?”

“No,” She confirmed breathlessly.

“Okay then call security, now.” I ran my fingers through my hair, wondering where in the world he could be right now.

Opening her mouth to say something, a door from inside that led to the indoor bathroom opened, Justin strolling out carefully, dressed in his normal etire.

“Is this the missing person you were looking for?” The nurse teased sweetly, her eyes showing compassion.

“Oh, thank God,” I muttered to myself, my head falling backwards as relief washed over me. Smiling politely over at the nurse, I walked over to Justin, throwing my arms over him in which he winced, pushing my hands away.

“Ah, shit,” He seethed through clenched teeth. Laying a hand to his chest, he doubled over before straightening himself up. “Easy baby,” He rasped.

“Sorry,” I mumbled apologetically, “Where were you?” I asked, “I was worried sick.”

“What’s there to worry about—”

“I came in and you were gone, I just—”

“Is everything alright?” The nurse interrupted hurriedly, wondering herself what was going on.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, we’re fine.” Justin put a hand up as if signifying for her not to come closer.

Nodding, she walked out of the room at the same time I scowled, looking up at him. “You’re fine; you just gave me a heart attack!” I breathed out with a small smile, trying to lighten the mood.

“Can’t a guy go to the bathroom?” Justin mocked as he stared down at me with furrowed eyebrows, his infamous grin plastered across his face.