She was my everything.

“So…” Kelsey trailed off, her fingernails skimming the bare skin of my chest, her teeth scraping nervously against her bottom lip. “What was it like?”

Furrowing my eyebrows together in confusion as to what she meant, I crammed my neck in order to look down at her. “What was what like?”

“Prison.” She stated bluntly, cutting to the chase and even though I admired that, I couldn’t help the needle like feeling pinch at my heart.

“Well you sure don’t beat around the bush,” I chuckled, trying to find some sort of way to go about this in a positive way. I mean, it wasn’t exactly an easy subject to talk about.

“It’s just that,” Kelsey sighed, shrugging. “You know about what I went through while you were gone. It’s just reasonable for me to know your struggles as well.”

“My struggles are my struggles for a reason, Kelsey.” Kissing her forehead, I looked ahead, trying to surpass the wrenching feeling in the midst of my gut. “You don’t have to worry about them.”

“But I do worry Justin, that’s the thing.” Shifting so that her naked chest was pressed against my own, she wrapped her arms around me. “I’ll always care and it’s eating me inside not knowing what you went through.” Kelsey began to absentmindedly draw imaginary shapes against my skin as she rolled the both of her lips into her mouth.

“Don’t do that,” I murmured, grabbing her chin in between my index finger and thumb before pulling her lips free from the hold she had on them. Giving me a frazzled look, I ignored her, leaning down and placing a sweet kiss to her lips, trying to ease her mind.

Deepening the kiss, Kelsey grabbed onto my shoulders about to hoist herself up when she stopped. Pulling away from the embrace our mouths were encountering, Kelsey gave me a disapproving look. “Kissing me won’t stop me from wanting to know.”

“But it’ll distract you enough to forget about it.” I countered with a sigh, my hands inattentively running up and down her sides.

“When you were released, I just threw all my burdens on you. I yelled and screamed meanwhile I didn’t even let you explain what it was that you went through and I just feel… guilty.” Kelsey sulked, her shoulders falling.

Popping up on my elbows, I gave her an incredulous look, not being able to believe what I had just heard. “You have nothing to be guilty for. It was my faultthat I got caught and taken away in the first place. You had every right to be angry with me. I lied to you, I ruined everything...” Closing my eyes, I thought back on the mistakes I had made regarding our relationship. “You had no fault in this whatsoever.”

“Then why do I feel as if I let you…us down?” Frowning, she avoided my eyes, looking at everything but me.

“You can’t be serious…” When she didn’t say anything, my eyes widened. “Babe, I tried again but she refused to budge.

Sitting up completely, I took her legs, spreading them on either side of me before grabbing her face in my hands, forcing her to look at me. “I don’t ever want you to say something like that again, do you understand me?”

“Justin—”

“No,” I cut her off, knowing she was going to try and justify her own ridiculous reasoning’s. “Stop right there and listen to me.” When she turned her ears to me, I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, caressing her cheek with the padding of my thumb. “You didn’t let me down. If anything you made me even more proud of you. No girl could have gone through what you have yet you did and you stuck by my side the entire time. Even when you knew I was going away for a few years, you waited for me.” Shaking my head, I solemnly stared into her eyes. “If that’s not amazing then I don’t know what is.” Pecking her gently, I looked into her eyes. “You are one of the strongest girls I know Kelsey Jones and if you ever try to deny anything again, I’ll have to convince you otherwise.” I smirked.

“Something tells me that wouldn’t be such a bad thing.” Giggling, she hid her face into my shoulder once she caught sight of my bewildered expression.

“Since when did you become so outspoken about these kinds of things?” I gaped, taken back by her sudden boldness.

How someone so shy could be so damn sexy is beyond me.

“Shut up,” She mumbled, her face probably as red as a tomato right about now.

“Did something happen while I was away that I should know about?” I teased, enveloping my arms around her small frame.

“Oh, definitely,” She emphasized with thick sarcasm, “I learned a thing or two from Carly and listened in on the guy’s conversations.” She shrugged, waving a hand dismissively. “You know, the usual.”

I laughed taking in this newly found information, “That’s good to know.”

Kelsey shot her head up in mock surprise, “I was just kidding!” She eagerly defended, her mouth falling open in dismay.

Raising my eyebrow at her, I chuckled, “I know.”

Slapping my chest, she playfully glared down at me. “Asshole.”

“That’s not what you were saying a few hours ago.” I grinned mischievously. “I believe it was something more along the lines of Oh, Justin! Faster, Please.” I mimicked her in a high pitched voice that clearly sounded nothing like her but was amusing nonetheless.

“Justin!” She shrieked, horrified.

“Yes, exactly like that!”

Her face fell as a glare took place.

“I’m just kidding babe,” Laughing, I kissed her lips before lying down and pulling her on top of me.

“If you think you’re going to get a round three out of me, you’ve got another thing coming, sweetheart.” Kelsey scowled, her lips pursed in a significant amount of annoyance.

“Relax baby, we’re just going to lay down.” Patting the space beside me, I nodded towards it. “Come here,”

Hesitant at first, Kelsey gave in, lying next to me, where I had indicated for her to.

Once we were both settled comfortably, I hooked an arm around her shoulders, holding her close to me. Intertwining my right hand with her left, I gave her a kiss on the cheek. “What do you want to know?”

“About what?” She looked from our hands, up to my face.

“Jail.” I nonchalantly spoke, knowing this was important to her and as much as I refused to burden her with my hassles, I knew she wouldn’t drop this and the last thing I wanted was to upset her.

“Oh,” She parted her lips, her mouth shaping into the form of a circle in realization before regaining her composure herself. “Everything…” She trailed off hesitantly, “I want to know everything.”

Knowing she was going to say that, I inwardly prepared myself. Squeezing out palms together, I thought back to the various altercations that occurred.

An agonizingly long buzzer was heard indicating the opening of the cell door that held me separated from escape. “Bieber!” A sharp voice, twisted menacingly in a bitter distaste called out harshly.

I rolled my eyes at his pathetic attempt to sound threatening. Getting to my feet, I stood up, stretching my limbs.

Walking over to him, I perched an eyebrow up to the roof of my forehead, waiting for whatever it was that he addressed me for.

“It’s your turn to head into commissary,” He held his hands to his sides, badge sparkling despite the lack of sunlight, brown eyes radiant with anger.

I nodded, swiftly moving past his body and heading out down the hall, his body not too far from mine as he made sure to watch my every move as if I’d try to make a leave. Passing other caged animals—whoops, I meant people—along the way, I merely chuckled at their ridiculous acts of fury. Some barked aggressively, others muttered incoherently under their noses meanwhile those who actually had somewhat of a right mind, sat there, staring at their hands.

“This way,” The guard who had come to retrieve me, jabbed his thumb to his right and I scoffed at his idiocy.

“I know,” I rasped, “I’m not that stupid.” I shook my head, following yet another hallway of nothing but occupied cells until finally we were taken free from the violent soundings of their behavior.

I jerked back the moment I felt a hand on my shoulder. Turning, I nearly gripped the asshole by the neck and pinned him to the wall but kept myself from losing control. “What?” I hissed lowly, my eyes glowering.

“Follow me now,” Was all he said as he shuffled past me, leading the way.

Growling, I stalked forwards, walking in pace with him. My patience was running thin and I had about half a mind to just skip lunch and go back to my cell. It was better than following him like a lost puppy, I can tell you that much.

Grasping the handle of the door that led inside the commissary, I slipped in past, the bright light inside nearly blinding me due to the lack of luminosity we get.

“You’ve got ten minutes and then you’re set to go back.” Rodger, the guard who took me here in the first place, informed while he kept watch at the entryway.

With a simple nod of my head, I stood in line behind a couple of other inmates who were told to come here at this time as well.

Shuffling on my feet, I rolled my shoulders back, cracking my neck, trying to find something to keep me interested while I waited rather impatiently for my food.

Without much of a warning, I was shoved forwards, nearly falling against the guy in front of me. Balling my hands into fists, I immediately whipped around to see who had the intentions of dying today. I narrowed my eyes, spotting three guys hustling around with one another, clearly the reason as to why I was pushed. Clenching my jaw, I inwardly relaxed myself, trying hard not to lash out on these fuckers.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath, letting it out, about to turn around when one of them spoke up.

“You got a problem there buddy boy?”

A sarcastic grim smile took place against my lips as I faced them once more. The one who addressed me was bald, built with tattoos covering his arms. A typical Latino Blood. Pouting my bottom lip, I shook my head. “Nah, I’m good.”

“You sure gilipollas?”

Now, I may not be Spanish but I know damn well what the hell a gilipollas is and this bastard is about ready to push me over the edge of my resistance to beat the shit out of him.

“Who are you calling a gilipollas you little hijo de puta?” I rounded me lips into a smirk.

His eyes widened slightly, taken back by the fact that I knew what he said. Keeping his stance, he didn’t let this invade his swag. “Smart boy.”

“Can’t say the same for you.” Giving him a once over, eyeing the other two that were surprisingly keeping quiet unlike how they were handling themselves before, I turned around, happy to see that the line had moved up and I was closer to getting my food and getting the hell out of here.

Hushed whispers were heard behind me in which I ignored. If the bastard wanted to talk shit under his breath like a pussy then so be it.

I wasn’t going to start a pointless fight.

“Ay,” The bald one exclaimed in his thick accent, “Aren’t you that Bieber kid?”

It was about time he caught onto who I was. “Yeah,” I muttered, turning about an inch of my head over my shoulder. “What’s it to you?”

“Oh no,” He shrugged, “I was just wondering because you know, here you are, stuck in this shit hole just like the rest of us.”

“Luis, man!” His buddies exclaimed loud enough for us to hear. Clearly they didn’t want any trouble.

Luis ignored them however, staring up at me with a stone cold look.

“What are you trying to say?” I challenged.

“That you’re nothing but a rookie, kid.” He stepped up to me. “You see, the boys back home worshipped your ass, talking about how you’re some legend yet if you were so good at what you did, you wouldn’t be standing here right now.”

“I beg to differ Luis,” His name rolled off my tongue in disgust. “You see there’s a distinction between you and me.” I took notice to his profile. I knew exactly who he was and what he did. “You got caught selling drugs in a street corner when you thought all was clear and you’d get away with it, right?”

When he kept quiet, growing red and I then knew, I had him right where I wanted him. “I got caught killing someone and I would have gotten away with it too if I wasn’t ambushed. Now, that’s where the line draws our similarities, my friend. You got caught cause you’re an idiot. I got caught because I was dealing with an idiot.” I paused, smacking my lips together in satisfaction. “See the discrepancy?” I now stood up tall,  my frame towering over his. “I know all about you Luis Antonio,” I chuckled upon his awestricken nature. “Now, how about we cut the bullshit and go about our day, yeah?” Not giving him a chance to respond, I turned, leaving him in his own state of mind as I realized there was just one more person left.

After the guy in front of me walked away, I stepped forwards, getting ready to chose what it was that I wanted to eat when somebody grasped my elbow, tugging me harshly so that I whirled around and in my face stood Luis.

“I don’t like smart mouths.” He sneered in irritation, his hold on me tightening as his eyes blackened in anger.

Gritting my teeth together, I stared into his eyes, burning hazel against his solid ones. “Get your filthy hands off of me.” I warned, my voice a low murmur, not wanting to attract the attention of the guards.

“Or what, Bieber? You’re going to shoot me?” He snickered, clearly amused with himself.

“Let chance, Antonio.” I locked my jaw tight, my chest heaving in waiting anticipation.

Laughing, Luis turned back to face his boys, acknowledging them in Spanish and right when he turned around, my fist came in contact with his jaw, releasing his hold on me.

Luis then pounded a balled hand of his own to my cheek and before I knew it, I blacked out, my fists flying everywhere. Grabbing him by the waist, I threw us to the ground as I repeatedly punched him anywhere I could manage.

It took three guards to pull us a part, one of them happening to be Rodger. “Enough is enough!” Another barked, “look at the mess you made!”

Licking the blood off my lip, I spit it out to the right of me. “He fucking started it.” I muttered, my eyes blazing with fury.

“Yet you threw the first hit, come on Bieber, you’re coming with me.” The one who I recognized to be Ted, pulled me away from the hold of the other guard as he shuffled around the room and out into the hallway.

Already knowing where this was headed, I wasn’t surprised when I was thrown into confinement.

“You got three days in here, Bieber.” I watched as the metal gate closed shut, my body shaking with aggravation. “Maybe next time you won’t lose your temper.”

“Confinement?” Kelsey whispered wholeheartedly, her face contorted in both confusion and worry. “What’s that?”

Licking my lips, I sighed, twirling a string of her hair around my finger. It’s a cell separated from everybody else’s for those who misbehave or are seen as a threat.” I carelessly shrugged, letting the piece I held fall back into place before brushing the hair away from her face. “It wasn’t a big deal. I didn’t mind staying away from everyone, it gave me a clear head and I didn’t have to worry about getting into anymore trouble.”

Kelsey nodded, taking this all in as she sat there silently. “What else happened?”

“Nothing really, I usually kept to myself. As much as I have a mouth on me, the last thing I wanted was to lengthen my sentencing because of too much fighting.” Caressing her stomach with my fingers, I nuzzled her neck with my nose. “I just wanted to get out of there and come home to you.”

Stiffening, I felt Kelsey place her hand on top of mine, stopping me from skimming her skin as she rolled onto her side so that we were face to face.

My arm curled around her naked waist as I held her close, never wanting to let her go. Missing her was an understatement. I craved for her touch and I yearned to be next to her. She took over my existence and became the only person I thought about.

She was my everything.

“I--”

“love you.” She whispered, softly, taking the words right out of my mouth as a small smile tugged upwards. “Always have, always will.”

Grinning down at her, I captured her lips in a blissful kiss before pulling away. “You’re beautiful, you know that?”

Blushing, she distracted herself with the chain hanging from around my neck, her face heated.

“Hey,” I whispered, tapping my nose to hers as I regained her attention, her eyes bright under my gaze. “You are beautiful…”

Biting her lip, my eyes darkened as the familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach clawed its way up. Leaning down, I bit her top lip, prying her mouth open as I slipped my tongue into her mouth, tasting her.

Placing her hand against my cheek, Kelsey held me close, not wanting to break the embrace. Rolling to my back as I pulled her on top, I caressed her body in my hands causing us both to moan.

Breaking away, Kelsey began traveling kisses down my neck, sucking on the skin just under my ear. Groaning, I rotated my hips against hers, wanting her right here, right now, again. “Babe,” I groaned, “stop teasing.”

I felt her smirk against me before bringing her face up to look down at me, her hair drawing a curtain around our heads. “Speaking of teasing, you’re the biggest one of them all.”

“I just know how to play my cards right baby,” I grinned, pecking her lips. “It’s a gift, what can I say?”

Laughing, Kelsey sat upright so that she was now straddling me.

“No,” I whined in protest, grasping her hips in the palms of my hands. “Come back down here…”

Shaking her head, Kelsey grabbed the blanket on the arm of the couch before wrapping it around herself and standing up.

“What are you doing?” I gazed up at her in awe.

“Getting dressed? What does it look like I’m doing?” She gave me an innocent look as she walked over to our suitcases.

“You’ve got to be kidding me…” I shook my head, watching as she went to my bag instead of hers. “Talk about tease,” I grumbled causing her to giggle. Scowling, I sat upright, my arms hanging from my knees. “What are you doing in my bag?”

“Trying to find a shirt.” Kelsey pulled out a plain white v-neck before re-folding it and putting it to the side, grabbing various shirts before finally settling on a long sleeved red and black plaid one.

Slipping her arms in, she buttoned it up, letting it fall limp against her small body. “How do I look?” She twirled, stopping once she did a full three sixty.

Scanning her from head to toe, I bit my lip. “You look fucking sexy,” I murmured sultrily as I stood up, walking over to her. “I think you should wear my clothes more often,”

“Oh really?“ Kelsey arched a brow, beaming up at me as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

“Mhm,” I summed her up once more in my head, mentally thanking God for finding somebody so fucking perfect for me. “Though I prefer you with no clothes on at all.” I suggestively wiggled my eyebrows at her.

Rolling her eyes, Kelsey shuffled out of my hold. “You’re such a guy.”

“I’m just being honest.”

“No, you’re being a jerk,” She frowned, crossing her arms against her chest.

Sighing, I pulled her back into my arms. “I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t mean it. I was just messing around with you, that’s all.”

“So you don’t think I look sexy in your shirt?” She cocked her head to the side, her lips pursed.

“No, I do!” I quickly defended, “I meant that I--”

Pressing her lips to mine, Kelsey stopped me mid sentence. “You worry too much,” She stated a matter-of-factly, her hands now holding my face into place as she stared into my eyes.

Sighing, I gave her an exasperated look before smiling. “I gotta hand it to you babe, you’re a good actress.”

“Why, thank you,” Kelsey impersonated Elvis. “Thank you very much.” She winked jokingly, laughing.

Pulling away, I looked all around me before moving my eyes back over to hers. “What to do now?”

A bright smile etched across Kelsey’s face. “I think I’ve got an idea.”