"and I'm choosing to let it go."

No One’s Point of View

:

Of all the times things had gone wrong for the group, this had to have been the worst. The silence almost excruciatingly painful as they waited for the night to take over and morning to follow.

There had only been a select amount of times where the house had fallen into such a state it was in now—quiet, eerie and agonizing but it hasn’t been this bad since the death of Jazmyn Bieber—and that in itself was enough to make the guys wither in defeat that things would ever turn out okay.

All hope was thrown out the window shortly after the first hour had passed.

When John had made his way into the living room after spending quite a selected amount of time with Justin, everyone held their breath, awaiting what it was that he had to say to them in regards to what was going on.

Looking at each of them, his eyes lingering on Kelsey’s a bit more than the rest, John shook his head before letting it drop as he stared at the toes of his shoes, confirming all their thoughts combined—something was definitely wrong. “It’s bad,” was all he said, refusing to acknowledge anyone head on. Reaching his hand in Carly’s direction, he gestured for her to take it, “c’mon,” he murmured, “let’s go.”

“What did he say?” Bruce questioned quietly as though he were afraid to know the answer himself.

“Tomorrow,” John said, keeping it vague but open enough for Bruce to figure out what he meant. Nodding in understanding, they watched as Carly obliged, hesitantly slipping her hand into his as he pulled her up, the two of them making their way to the stairs that led them up to their bedroom.

“Can I…” Kelsey trailed off, biting the corner of her bottom lip as she shied away a bit, knowing now wasn’t the time to say much.

“Be careful,” He said, crossing a look between the two that she recognized fairly well. She was crossing into dangerous waters—it was still a bit early for her to dive in head first but safe enough for her to dip her feet in.

Standing, she quietly abed her goodbyes before trailing behind both John and Carly whom disappeared behind their own bedroom door before making it behind her own.

Shutting the door, Kelsey noticed the room didn’t change from the last time she’d seen it. It didn’t look like anyone even tried to move anything—it was a disaster. Spotting Justin sitting on the corner of the bed, his head in his hands, Kelsey rolled on the balls of her feet, unsure of what to do.

Sighing, Justin dropped his hands down to his lap, fingers clasped together as he stared long and hard at the ground before him.

Cursing silently to herself, Kelsey willed herself to speak knowing they would remain this way for a lifetime if neither of them broke the uncomfortable silence that hung over, suffocating them.

But, before she had the chance to speak, Justin let out a breath he didn’t know he had been holding in as he slightly craned his neck in the direction of his fiancé, a pang of guilt traveling from his chest down to the tips of toes as he involuntarily shook from the anger he felt deep down inside.