"What the fuck do you mean she's not picking up?"

Kelsey’s Point of View:

“West End, Vancouver.” Justin openly stated as he came tumbling into the living room holding up a folder. Slapping it down on the coffee table, he sat on the chair adjacent.

I was currently sitting at the top of the stairs, listening into their conversation. Ever since our night together, four days ago, Justin had opened up to me more, letting me in instead of pushing me away but that didn’t keep him from holding me back on business.

He still went to meetings and came out without a word being spilled about what was going on and what they had planned. When I asked Carly if she knew anything, she’d said John hadn’t spoken a word either so I advanced to the next possible thing I could think of in order to get my answers—eavesdropping.

“What?” Bruce questioned, confused as he leaned across, grabbing the file into his hands. Flipping it open, he began skimming through the papers.

“That’s where Lyndon’s making his next move.”

“How do you know?” Marcus walked over with Marco and John as they sat down on the couch trying to catch glimpses at the dossier.

“Johnny Prince called me on the phone this morning; told me that he and his men were keeping a look out on anything suspicious going on around Canada for us when he came across a file tied to someone from New York. Apparently Lyndon’s doing a job with Stevie Adams from local. His men were seen meeting up down in Woodstock. According to his sources, Lyndon patched them over and now he’s got a few others on his roll call.”

Bruce shook his head, not being able to believe his ears. “That’s ridiculous. Since when did Stevie work with an outsider? He’s been doing business here in Stratford for years.”

“I don’t know but Johnny’s got proof right in that folder; pictures, receipts and everything. Lyndon’s deceptively been planning this far longer than we expected. Prince tracked their recent calls to one another and found out they’ve been in contact for about five months now.”

“Son of a bitch,” Bruce muttered under his breath as he slammed the open folder down on the table. “That fucker’s been planning on his attack way before he even got here.”

“That’s not all.” Justin’s eyes glowed with hidden hatred, the blacks of his soles taking over, his pupils dilating at the unspoken words that clouded the air.

Bruce looked up in worried interest, “What else is there?”

“Stevie’s not the only one who’s working for Lyndon.” Pausing, Justin licked his lips, a disgusted smirk taking place. “Apparently James is too.”

With that being said, the air in the room thickened as Bruce fought to contain his composure though it didn’t last. Standing, he grabbed the remote on the table, throwing it across the room. “That rotten bastard!” Bruce sneered, “He was under their wing this entire time?”

Justin nodded. “He fooled us all. Made us believe he had nothing to do with our shipment when in reality he helped Lyndon plant the bombs all along.”