roomies

wow haven't written on here in months but hello im alive and all is well in life but my winter break has still been pretty hectic and busy BUT i finally find the time to write and this has been the drafts for a while so it probably sucks but i hope y'all enjoy <3
——

Moving out shouldn't have felt as scary as it did. It's supposed to be what most kids are excited for. As children we dream of becoming an adult and finally finding a place of our own. A place where we are in charge and don't have to do chores or wake up to the sounds of our parents telling us to run errands for them.

But being as family oriented as he was, Sean found the idea quite scary.

He'd always been super close to his family, being the youngest in the house meant everyone was just the slightest bit nicer to you.

His relationship with his sisters was the complete opposite of the typical brother-sister complex you see on tv. The three young Lew's rarely fought and when they did it was usually over who got to cook dinner for the rest of the family.

And with both Sarah and Serris having moved out across the country for work and school, his relationship with his parents had become even more tight-knit.

But he knew it was his time to leave the nest.

He was grateful that his career has seen so much success in his short lifetime, feeling incredibly blessed that he was able to afford his own place without any financial help from his parents. He knew that there were many of his fellow dancers that could only dream to have seen the support and success he has acquired, so to say he was thankful beyond belief was still an understatement.

Surely he could've stayed with his parents and paid the rent that they jokingly said they would charge him once he hit the big eighteen, but he knew that being an adult meant that more job opportunities would be headed his way which meant more traffic-filled drives from Walnut to LA.

It was actually his best friend's idea that he move out closer to the city, the Rice residence has always welcomed the newly turned adult into their home with open arms whenever he had long, late night jobs out in the city. It made more sense to Kaycee for her to make him sleep over in her room than to let him drive the hour long drive home, only for him to make the same trip back to work early the next morning.

The suggestion had been meant as a joke, the two young dancers were cooped up in the girl's room complaining about traffic and long drives as all newly licensed drivers do.

"Man, I never realized how bad the traffic gets on the 101. I can't believe my mom really drove me everywhere," the boy wondered as he lifted his best friend's comforter over himself.

Popping out of her attached bathroom, said best friend hummed in agreement whilst brushing her teeth. "I feel that! The other day I was headed to ImmaSpace and the amount of reckless drivers I saw during a 30 minute commute was unbelievable. Who let these people get their license?"

"Ugh tell me about it, how our parents did this for years is beyond me. Now I'm gonna be the one having to drive from Walnut to LA, just kill me now."

"You know, you're already eighteen and you're way past being financially stable for an apartment down here. Why don't you just move out," she joked tossing her wild curls up into a bun.

She expected to hear her best friend burst out into laughter, but to her surprise, she turned around to the sight of him staring up at her ceiling, his face showing that he was deep in thought.