graduation

okay so there *might* be another school/graduation related chapter after this one only because the fact that kaycee went to cheer on her boy makes me want to cry so yeah

enjoy! also be nice it's my first time writing fanfics :(
——
"I can't believe this is all happening," Sean hears his mother squeal as they reach the venue holding his graduation ceremony.

"Mom, it's really not that big of a deal. I've been done with all of my required courses for years now," he groans.

"What? Of course it is! Little brother, this is one of the closest things you'll ever get to living the normal life, you gotta learn to cherish these things," his eldest sister, Sarah, butts in. "And if it makes you feel any better, you already know the Rice's are coming to cheer you on."

Just the thought alone made Sean's heart flutter. Within just a little over a year he's made his way into the hearts of each and every member of the Rice family, especially the youngest one. Sure, he's always been on good terms with the family after having celebrated some of Kaycee's birthdays at their lake house through the years, but if you told his younger self that he'd be an honorary member of the family he would've never believed you.

When Sean asked Kaycee to be his partner for World of Dance, he didn't quite realize what that would've meant for him. Not only did he gain a dance partner and best friend through the competition, but he gained a second family and the same can be said for Kaycee.

With Sean earning his permanent invitation to every lake house weekend and Kaycee occupying the Lew's guest room for their weekly sleepovers, who can blame their friends and families for thinking their relationship was more than just a friendship.

Although neither of the two have verbally brought up their feelings for one another, they're well aware of how they feel. They didn't feel the need to publicize their feelings or relationship in order for them to know that they were it for each other. Kaycee was Sean's person just as much as he was hers. They were each other's biggest fan and anyone who knew the two could see that.

And right now literally anyone with a pair of eyes at this ceremony could see it as Sean is broken out of his thoughts when his eyes catch sight of a tiny figure hauling a giant bouquet of balloons into the venue. Seeing his petite best friend forcefully drag those balloons around, ignoring the fact that they were hitting her brother in the face with every step, caused a chuckle to escape his lips.

Kaycee Rice sure is a force to be reckoned with.

Sean hears his name being shouted and surely enough his eyes catch sight of the one and only Brad Rice waving around a blown up picture of his face glued onto a popsicle stick. He shakes his head and looks back at his best friend to see her giggling from her seat beside his mother, both of them now surrounded by a multitude of balloons. Had he not been at his graduation right now, he would've melted at the sight of his mother and his favorite person bonding, but as the commencement begins he has no other choice but to keep himself from looking lovestruck.

As the long list of names went on, Sean was getting closer and closer to the stage. Despite being so against making this seem like a big deal, his nerves were getting to him. He was lucky enough to have his friend Chloe there but he still couldn't completely shake that nervous feeling. So he did what he always does in times like this, he turned to his good luck charm.

It's almost as if she could read his mind because as soon as he turns his head to look at her, he sees Kaycee mouth "You got this!" to him with the brightest smile the world has ever been lucky enough to witness. He feels his nerves dissipate instantly.

So here he is, standing at the side of the stage waiting for his name to be called. In the few seconds he's standing there, he thinks about everything he's done to get to his position. Before even graduating high school, he's been given the opportunity to teach all over the world, compete on two seasons of one the biggest dance competitions, make a name for himself in the entertainment industry, and probably his favorite accomplishment to this day — he found his life partner.

Once he hears his name being called, he couldn't help but take a quick glance at the source of where the burst of cheers erupted. He blows two quick kisses, one for his mom and one for his girl, before turning back and shaking hands with all of the board members. And of course, he wouldn't be Sean "headass" Lew without hitting the woah as he receives his diploma.

In the midst of all the students cheering and all the parents trying not to cry, Sean feels himself being squeezed by his own family plus the Rice's. It isn't until everyone begins to pull away that he notices a certain girl giggling at his struggle whilst she waits for it to be her turn. He beckons her over and in no time, he feels her tiny body collide into his chest.

"I'm so proud of you bubs," he feels her whisper against his ear.

He can't help but feel a rush of emotions as he wraps ups his favorite girl into one of his infamous head hugs, made for her and her only. He's never been the one to celebrate his accomplishments; he typically brushes them off as no big deal. But as he stands here with his diploma in one hand and his arms wrapped around his entire world as they watch the rest of their families celebrating with the other parents, he can't help but commend himself.

He looks down at his love only to find her already looking up at him. She reaches up trying to adjust his cap knowing their moms are going to force a photoshoot upon them. He brings his hand down from her hair and lifts up her chin while he gently places a kiss onto her forehead before proceeding to place his cap on the girl's head.

"No! You're gonna need it for the pictures," she exclaimed.

Smiling down at her he replies, "Hmm no it looks much cuter on you."

"Your mom's gonna want pictures of you in it, bub," she says through a pout.

"Maybe, but I want pictures of my angel wearing it."

The two teens were far too busy staring lovingly at one another to realize the venue had already begun to empty out, well that is until Sean felt something smack him in the back of the head.

"Hey!"

"What? Oh sorry that wasn't me it was Serris," Sarah says smugly while pointing at the cardboard cutout for their absent sister. "Come on lovebirds, our moms aren't letting us leave for food until we do the entire graduation photoshoot and you know how the boys get when they're hungry."

He hears Kaycee groan as she begins to follow Sarah, still donning her best friends graduation cap as she drags him along with her.

While he should be the one complaining about his two moms and their crazy antics, he's in too good of a mood that he can't bring himself to be annoyed with anything.

Because it's in this moment when he realizes, he has everything he could've ever asked for and more.

____
i hope you guys enjoyed <3

ps: sorry if there's mistakes i'm too lazy to proofread