high off your love... and this novocaine

just want to give a quick thank you to everyone reading this book and for all the votes, i really do appreciate it
without further ado i hope you all enjoy <3
——
For the rest of Los Angeles, it was a sunny Friday morning. The birds were singing, the slight breeze was flowing through the city, the waves were crashing as they hit the shore— everything felt at ease.

Well everything in LA except the Lew household.

See while everyone else in the city was enjoying their morning coffee or were still caught up in the comfort of their bed, Kaycee Lew faced the struggle of trying to drag her husband of two years out of their king-sized bed.

"Sean come on," she barked at her sluggish husband, "you're the one who made me book this appointment two nights ago! Remember you decided to wake me up at 3am so I could email your dentist to tell them that you and I quote, 'Need this devil spawn of a wisdom tooth out of your mouth before you do it yourself ' so we're going and that's final."

"Okay first of all, I said it was 'the spawn of satan,' second of all I was also a little tipsy you can't take me seriously," he groaned as he dug himself further underneath the covers.

"You think it's all better, but I'm the one who gets kicked awake when you whine about your toothache in your sleep. I don't care about how much I love you, I refuse to lose sleep because you're too stubborn to go to the dentist."

The man pouted, "But Kayc, I'm scared the procedure is gonna hurt," he muttered as he sat up, still covered by their comforter, "It doesn't hurt as much when I ice it; how about some ice cream for breakfast instead?"

As frustrated as she was she couldn't fight her growing smile, she shuffled to her baby of a husband pulling the covers off of his head.

"Baby I know you're scared of the dentist and I can't promise you this won't hurt, but what I do know is that leaving it in will only worsen your pain plus it'll shift the rest of your teeth and we don't want that perfect little smile to get ruined do we?"

His eyes widened and it was like his life had just flashed before his eyes when he heard Kaycee's statement. Rushing to into the bathroom with a clean set of clothes, he told his wife to get ready claiming that he couldn't risk "ruining the perfect Lew smile."

——

Once in the car, his nerves and anxiety returned. He knew he'd be okay afterwards, I mean not to toot his own horn but he is the Sean Lew married to the Kaycee Rice they were able to afford only the best dentist LA had to offer. No, what he was really scared of was what he might do while high.

Not like he was hiding anything from his wife but the thought of him being drugged up plus his wife's obsession with embarrassing him online, well let's just say there's no saying in what the world might learn from him in the next couple of hours.

The drive came to an end as they finally made it to Downtown LA. Much like their situation this morning, Kaycee was stuck trying to convince her husband to head inside. The only difference this time was that she had to drag him out of their Tesla rather than their bed. One could only imagine the stares she got as pedestrians passed by, catching glimpses of a grown woman pulling an equally grown man out of their car as they were parked in front of a orthodontist office.

After a few short minutes and Kaycee promising that he got to choose what they'd watch during their weekly movie nights for the next month, they finally made their way into the building. Thanks to the urgency of Sean's pain, they were able to go into one of the rooms right away.

"So according to your very untimely email, I see that you Mr. Lew are in dire need of getting a wisdom tooth pulled is that correct?"

"Yes Dr. Williams. Also my sincerest apologies for sending the email at your inconvenience, it happened so suddenly we wanted to bring it to your attention as soon as possible," Kaycee said sheepishly.