orbit

hi guys this one is loosely based off of "orbit" by nao, this song always makes me emo and gets me into my feels and ive always wanted to write a seaycee one shot based off of it. i put a link to the song in case anyone wants to be emo with me :) hope you all enjoy this one <3
——
The two of them were like dance royalty. Their partnership being top-tier level, their chemistry was unmatchable and everyone knew it.

Together, they told stories. Stories of love, of remorse, of heartbreak, of life; they told them in ways the world had never seen before. Every single movement had a meaning; every detail added to the story.

They were unlike any other duo.

Where most childhood partnerships fail after a year or two, they have been together for a decade, and romantically involved for six years. For ten years, they complimented one another through expressive movement. Every dance holding the power to penetrate the audience's soul, leaving everyone in awe every single time.

But what everyone saw on stage was different than what was happening behind closed doors.

The duo that everyone believed to be happy and perfect, couldn't be further from it. Not a single rehearsal went by without words of hatred and disdain leaving his lips, slowly breaking the girl until she learned to grow numb. So numb that she remained expressionless everywhere but on stage and on film.

She kept a smile on her face in the public eye, she knew there was paparazzi at every corner trying to get the latest, hot gossip on the world's most adored dance couple. So she acted like she was happy, not wanting to raise curiosity about the dynamic duo because everyone believed that they were sublime, and had the world found out about the reality of their relationship, their hard earned success would all go down the drain.

Unbeknownst to the rest of the world, the man she once fell in love with had been causing her more pain than anyone has ever known. The man she thought she could forever call her home continuously leaves her shattered every time, her heart broken into such fine pieces that it has gotten to the point where she's forgotten why she wanted to dance. He made her fall out of love with the one thing she loved more than him.

Their relationship was way past due and she knew that. But it was so much easier to ignore than to take action. To try and forget that while she was beginning to fall out of love with dance, he had already fallen out of love with her.

She understood that her coping mechanisms were unhealthy and that brushing everything aside would only ruin her chances at happiness later in life, but she was scared. Being only twenty five, she knew she had the rest of her lifetime to find someone who could love her the way she deserved to be loved, but the thought of throwing years of a relationship away and having to start over completely is what she feared.

How could she be certain that she would find someone that could love her the way she wanted to be loved? How was she going to find someone that would love her the same way that he once did?

Her doubts had always gotten the better of her. Every rehearsal and every class, she had been wanting— dying to speak up against him. Just one chance to be the vocal one for once, and to finally be able to tell him how it was. She wanted to beg him to stop catching her after every fight, let her fall for once and maybe that painful landing back down to earth will give her the wake up call she needed. She wanted to break it down for him, not that he deserved anymore of her time, but she hoped that maybe somewhere in that deep dark pit he called a heart, he'd feel even a twinge of regret. Maybe she'd feel just a smidge better about wasting a decade of her life if she knew that she wasn't the only one hurting.

But her chance never came.

They'd been stuck at the dance studio for hours, rehearsing a new pieces that they were planning on teaching in a few days. It was a habit of theirs to create their choreography last minute. Initially, this habit grew out of the two of them procrastinating for the sake of messing around without the fear of wandering eyes and sneaky cameras, but as the years went on they began to lose a sense of who they were. They were no longer two separate people, they were a package deal, there was no one without the other. But the unhealthy codependency only hurt them in the end.