home

hey guys hope you enjoy this short and sweet one <3
——
Sean groaned quietly as he felt messy locks tickling his nose. It took his brain a while to register that those locks belonged to his favorite person. It was the morning of his twentieth birthday, and just like his last three birthdays, his best friend Kaycee spent the night before at his place.

What was different this time around was that Sean had moved into his own place this past summer. He'd come to the conclusion that as much as he loved the quiet serenity of his hometown, it was much too far from the big city where all his dance jobs had been located.

Months and months of looking for the perfect place, and he'd finally found it in downtown LA. It's taken him a while to get used to the loud cars and busy streets of the inner city, but being closer to his friends and girlfriend had definitely made adjusting to the move much easier.

Thanks to mass of classes he'd been teaching, he was able to afford a large loft with an amazing view of the city. He didn't exactly love living alone after having grown up in a decently sized family, but that hadn't been too big of a deal seeing as his lover had practically moved in with him.

With her own half of the closet and a few drawers of her clothes in his bedroom, to the extra bath robe and her specific hair and facial products taking space in his bathroom, to her favorite drinks and snacks being a frequent purchase for his kitchen, and to the pictures of her and her family taking up place on the apartment walls. It was safe to say she'd pretty much lived there.

Despite her having half of her belongings at his place and having her own key for whenever he isn't home and she just wants to relax at his place. She technically did not live there.

There were still the days when she'd head home back for a few days just to "prove to her family that she's alive" as they would joke, and she'd have to stop by her house whenever she needed items that weren't at Sean's place.

So as much as it felt like she was living there, she wasn't.

At least, not Sean had finally asked her to.

It's been something he'd been planning on doing for a while. He knew her parents were more than ecstatic to have the house to themselves and it would simply be more convenient for everyone if she just lived there.

The couple almost always travel together whether it be for a quick run to the grocery store or across the globe to teach together; they'd practically been attached to the hip for nearly five years.
Sean felt like the final step besides getting married would be to ask her to move in.

Staring at the angel sleeping on his chest, Sean felt his nerves growing. There was no doubt in his mind that Kaycee wouldn't say yes. He was confident enough in their relationship and in their love for each other that he knew they were endgame. What he was worried about was not chickening out.

This isn't the first time Sean had planned on asking Kaycee to move in with him. In fact, he'd plan to ask her months prior before he even moved out. His initial plan was for the two of them to move out together, to find a place together, and to decorate it together.

All of these still ended up happening even without Kaycee's name being on the lease. There's absolutely no way Kaycee would trust him to find a place and decorate it alone. Not that Sean wasn't great with these things, but the thing was he was never picky. Had he been the only person involved in his moving out process, he'd probably be living in the first apartment the real estate agent showed him.

Fortunately, Kaycee was just as involved, if not more involved, as Sean was in the whole process of picking the apartment and finding the perfect furniture. She was so invested in it all that Sean often found himself wondering if Kaycee was excited because she was imagining that the two of them were moving in together.