the making of manufactured love

just because the video made me cry and the thought of them choreographing it together made me cry even more. hope you all enjoy <3
——
The Lew house was filled with silence seeing as it was nearly midnight on a regular Tuesday. Sean's parents had gone off to sleep with Oreo in tow, as his visiting sisters resorted back to their respective rooms for some rest.

But down on the first floor, a certain pair of dance partners were laughing deliriously in the garage as they tried to choreograph a piece together for the first time.

"Sean," Kaycee giggled, hunched over as laugher bubbled out of her, "we're teaching this weekend, come on your wrap your right arm around me and rest your chin on my right shoulder."

"So my left arm around you and chin on your right shoulder?"

"Sean Lew!" she yelled trying to be as stern as possible, but the sleep deprivation got the better of her and a laugh left her lips. "Take five and then we're getting this done."

The boy nodded, rubbing his eyes tiredly causing his curls falling in front of his eyes. His best friend sat onto the cold, wooden floor as she watched him through the mirror. She smiled seeing him mark the piece, sleepily muttering along to the music.

To say she was nervous was an understatement. The dance community was well aware of the rising duo that is Sean and Kaycee, but all of the support the partners have received thus far, has come as a result of them performing Sean's choreography. Not Kaycee's, not Sean and Kaycee's— just Sean's.

She has always been grateful for being given the opportunity to share the dance floor with a genius, even more grateful that she gets to be behind the scenes and witness his genius mind come to life. But being able to create with him and homogenize their minds to tell a story that means so much to them was truly a once in a lifetime deal.

Kaycee jumped when her goofy, visibly more awake partner began clapping her face.

"It's been five minutes Rice, let's do this partner," the boy said as he pulled the girl up then jogged over to his laptop to play the music.

Rushing back over to the girl, Sean accidentally tugged her a bit too eagerly making her land on top of him as they fell onto the garage floor.

"Lew! I know your character is supposed to be happy but that was a little too enthusiastic for this piece," she chuckled as she stood up, reaching her hand out to help him up.

"Sorry, sorry. I randomly got a boost of energy just now."

The partners continued to "practice" and choreograph their piece, both of them sneaking soft glances and hiding flustered smiles whenever they got super close.

This piece was about love and if there were any dancers in the world that could perfectly present the concept of love through minimal, yet meaningful movement it would be Sean and Kaycee.

The duo weren't officially together, but the love was certainly there. Even if they didn't say it out loud, it was clear through their movement and their story telling that they have experiences what love is and what it was supposed to be like.

It's like the advice Ne-yo had told them back in their wod days, if they wanted to create a dance about love, they had to really sell it. It was a concept that the audience should be able to pick up, they should be able to feel it radiating off of them as they moved. But if they never experienced being in love, then they wouldn't be able to properly portray it.

A year has passed since then, and let's just say that everyone could feel their love.

They were great story tellers, exceptional really, but they found it particularly difficult to get into character for this one. Kaycee found it much harder to properly depict her role, to act like she wasn't happily in love with her partner.

"You need to be less smiley, ya goof," Sean smiled poking the girl's side, "you're the one in pain here don't make me switch up our roles last minute."

"There's no way you'd be able to pull off being the cold on in the relationship," she argued. "You're way too clingy, you wouldn't do the role justice," grinning as she poked at his deep dimples.

"Be quiet Rice, we have a piece to finish okay now wrap your arms around me," pouted not denying the girl's statement.

Their rehearsal ended almost five hours later, the two of them not even realizing how much time had gone by because they were secretly enjoying the feeling of holding each other close. Sean kept "accidentally" messing up so that they would need to restart their routine, giving him more time to hold the girl.

Yawning, Sean pulled the sleepy girl into his arms. "Come on sleepyhead, one more run through and we can head to bed. We have to get this one right though."

"But m'sleepy," she complained as she laid her head in the crook of his neck, her breathing began to even out as her eyes grew heavy.

"One more time I promise Kayc, come on, I know how much you love pretending like you hate me," he teased tickling her sides.

"No I don't," she mumbled almost inaudibly, her drowsiness now overtaking her consciousness, "I don't like acting like that, I love you."

Sean froze, this was the first time either of them said those three sacred words to each other. They've said it to friends countless of times, but never to each other. To them the phrase was special, only to be used when they seriously and genuinely meant it. The word meant more than a simple 'I care about you' or 'you're special to me' for them it held too much power, too much truth.

Hearing soft snores coming from the girl now cuddled into his chest, he easily lifted her into a bridal lift, and went to his room. He sat on his bed, turning with the girl still in his arms, before laying her down onto her side of his king sized bed. The girl refused to let go of him at first, not releasing his shirt until he kissed her head, letting her know that it was him and that he wasn't going to leave her.

Shutting his light off, he crawled into his bed and pulled her back into his embrace, cradling her tiny stature into his him.

"Sleep tight angel, I love you."
——
who else cried after watching manufactured love?
im really not okay at how much growth they've gone through in such little time. as partners, dancers, and choreographers they've managed to improve their skills far beyond what most people in the industry ever achieve. to think that this was only their first collab class and it's already so amazing like??? i can't wait to see how much more they grow together.
hope you all enjoyed this one, don't forget to comment and vote <3