the big move

this one is a cute little puppy love one
hope you all enjoy <3
——
Sean was currently sulking in his family's van right now as they began searching for a new house. He was still upset he'd have to leave the fast-paced lifestyle of New York and settle for some boring city in California.

"Where even is Walnut located? Why couldn't we pick Hollywood instead?"

These were just some of the few questions his family had to hear for the past month. He couldn't lie, he was a little excited, but he most definitely wasn't going to admit it to his family.

His biggest problem with moving was that he had to leave his best friends back on the East Coast. Him, Josh Price, and Julian De Guzman were the ultimate dance trio at their performing art high school. They were nearing the end of their junior year when Sean found out he was moving.

Now that he's officially on summer break, his family didn't think twice about flying to California. This made Sean even more upset because he barely had time to hang out with his best friends one final time before moving.

What Sean didn't know was that his best friends' parents, too, were planning on moving to Walnut; they didn't want to tell the kids until everything was finalized.

Sean's father, Cheuk, had been asked by his boss at their marketing company to run their brand's new sister company in California. Both Josh and Julian's families would be moving as soon as the company was up and running.

For now, Sean had to get through the next few weeks of moving and house hunting. The real headache in Sean's opinion.

The family drove to the first house, where they would then meet the real estate agent they'd been talking to via email for the last two weeks.

Arriving at their first stop, the family hopped out of the car. Sean rolled his eyes as he heard his sisters admire the house they hadn't even stepped foot in.

They made their way to the door when they heard the front door being opened. A tall, fairly young man walked out with a bright smile on his face.

"Hi, you must be the Lew family! My name's Devon Rice," he said more so toward the kids than the parents,"I've been talking to your parents for a couple of weeks now, trying to visualize the perfect house for you guys. Hopefully today I'll help you find the perfect home."

The rest of the family began to introduce themselves when Sean felt a pinch on his arm from his mom, silently telling him to introduce himself as well.

The group began to make their way inside when Sean noticed there was another figure in the house, a girl who looked to be around his age. He couldn't lie, this girl was gorgeous.

"Ahh, as I see some of you have noticed. I brought my little sister on the job today. This is Kaycee, she'll be shadowing me today since she needs some experience for her summer internship," Devon said as Sean began to notice the major resemblance in the two, "I hope you don't mind the extra company, I can assure you she won't be a bother."

Kaycee made her way around the room quickly greeting the family before she made her way to Sean. She'd notice he had been dragging his feet when he first walked in, clearly upset about the move and even more upset about being forced to come look for houses.

But the boy she was facing now looked different than the one she just saw pouting a few seconds ago. She noticed him staring at her when her brother was introducing her and she could see this nervous smile on his face now as she smiled at him.

"And finally, you must be Sean right? Devon had told me about your family," she said with a welcoming smile on her face as she stopped in front of the last Lew member she needed to greet.