Control The Chaos.

Jailyn~

Days off mean next to nothing when you've got a bar to help with. Even with Christian and I both home for the day, that doesn't mean we get alone time with one another. No, we've been requested to join Tyler for some input on the renovations he's planning now that he's the official owner. As much as I love Tyler, I'm harboring some skepticism on if he can manage everything he's attempting to right now. It's a lot, and we can all see that. 

Slipping into a black tube top and a pair of pants from my Adidas line, I get ready to head out and join Tyler at his new bar. Throwing a basic braid into my hair, I just leave it like that. No one's going to care what I look like. Kicking my feet into my superstars, I don't bother to take the care to untie them and retire them again. Who's got the time for something so trivial. 

Heading downstairs, I find Christian in our kitchen, leaning on the counter as he scrolls on his phone. "Hey," He says, glancing up giving me a small smile while I pull the bagels out of the fridge. "You look good by the way, like usual. I like the outfit." 

Laughing, I turn to smile at him, "Don't you like anything I wear?" 

"No," He says, a cheeky grin on his face, "I just don't tell you that I don't like it." 

Scoffing, I just sort of look at him, not sure what to say. On one hand, I'm a little offended that he would let me look bad, but on the other, I do appreciate him not feeling compelled to try and shoot me down. "Alright, what outfits don't you like?" I retort, still chuckling.

"None, you look beautiful in everything," He replies, smiling bigger than before as I roll my eyes looking back at what I'm doing as I put half of the bagel in the toaster. 

"Good answer," I reply, glancing back at him a moment, "Do you want the other half?" 

"Nah, I'm good," Christian replies, "What time did Tyler want us to meet him?" 

Shrugging, I push down the little lever before I look back at Christian, "I'm not sure, like ten minutes ago." 

"JJ," Christian says, laughing through a small sigh over my lack of punctuality. 

"What? we're the sole investors," I reply, grinning at him before I reply, "That, and I'm on my off-season time. It's like island time, only better." 

Christian can't help his laugh as he shakes his head, "I think we both know that's not a real thing, especially for you." 

"A girl can dream, can't she?" I ask before switching back as my bagel pops out of the toaster, "Tyler never gave me a real time. All he'd said was the sooner the better." 

"Alright, well, we can head over once you're done."

Christian and I walk up to the piles of different barstools and old velvet booths in the parking lot, all unfamiliar and discolored due to what I can only assume is more than a decades worth of dust, if not several decades, seemingly long abandoned. Where the hell did all of this come from, and why is it out here? Furrowing my eyebrows, I look up at my fiance as he looks nearly as confused as me. This wasn't supposed to be this huge project for him, more or less just a business for him to run. 

Maneuvering our way over and through the mountain of discarded furniture, Christian helps me climb over the last booth while the door of the bar is opened, and Tyler holds it allowing a few people to carry various things through and out to the mound of trash. "Ty," I call out as the last of the crew comes through, "What the hell is this?" 

"Uh, yeah," He says, clearly pissed off, "Sal was apparently a fucking hoarder, and this is all shit from past renovations that he just kept downstairs."