Cleared.

Jailyn~

"What did we decide your ETA on being cleared was?" Dr.Collins asks while I put my necklace back on.

"I thought about three more weeks," I reply, pulling my hair back out and looking at the images he's looking over. While he clicks through them, I try and decipher any differences I notice. My initial MRI is pulled up. I can tell because of the fluid still surrounding the area.

Dr.Collins nods as he pulls up two cropped images, "Tell me which one you think is the one we fixed." Sitting closer to the screen, I examine the two images, not entirely sure what I'm looking for. The two images are very similar, with only subtle differences in the bone structure, but looking at the Achilles, they look the same to me. Then again, I've never had a medical degree, let alone looked at this type of imaging to know what to look for.

"I've got no idea," I tell him, "I could tell you my original one and the one when we took the boot off, but I'm not sure here. Those two still had fluid build-up."

"The one on the right is the repaired tendon," Dr.Collins points out, "And this one is your right heel from our initial comparison MRI." Nodding, I look both of them over, not sure what he's trying to show me. "I'm okay to clear you looking at these images," He explains, "Your ruptured tendon looks to be just as healthy as your right one. You haven't complained of any pain in the last few sessions. And as far as I can tell, there's no hesitation with any of our workouts anymore. Barring the understanding not to push things too hard, I've got no problem clearing you today."

"Seriously?" I ask, looking at my foot. Tilting it to the side as if I'd magically be able to see that it's okay. 

"Yes," He confirms. "The surgery was as smooth as things get with this type of injury. There really aren't any differences to see on these two MRIs when it comes to the tendon. We'll do our usual session today, but I'm more than comfortable on clearing you."

"Wow," Is all I have to say. How the hell did I get this lucky? Achilles tears can have you out for up to a year, and I'm cleared in just under four months. That's incredible. There's not even a question now if I'll be okay by next season, it's just making sure I get there now. This is a damn good day, especially if Christian and the Crew can get a ring tonight. Not even mentioning I get to see my girls as soon as I get home, or the fact that Christian and I can officially live in our new home.

Rushing out to my car in the cold Wisconsin October, I jump in and immediately grab my phone, "I'm officially cleared!!! You better catch this W tonight, so you don't kill my vibe. ;) I love you, don't suck, and hit like me. :P" This is so crazy how insane today could get. The first official appearance of Team USA softball since my injury, I'm completely cleared for full activity, and Christian, and the crew, could be bringing home a World Series title for the first time in franchise history. Something tells me today is going to be a damn good day.

The whopping forty-five-degree temperature outside shows as the leaves on the trees are all different colors while what's left of them cling to the trees. Fall has always had the best aesthetic, this year being no exception. This years might be heightened given the pandemonium of the Brewers getting a shot at the World Series title for the first time since 1982. The city is more lively than I've seen it in a long time, even with the sometimes bitter temperature. The excitement gives the city a new life. Nearly anywhere you look, someone is in a jersey, or a hoodie, or any other form of navy and yellow merchandise. Sure, it might clash with the Halloween decor, but there's not one person who's going to complain. This city hasn't been this close to a title in nearly forty years. 

Pulling into Christian and my garage, I can't help but laugh at the cars lining the open side of our driveway and along the road. Entertaining seventeen people for the day could be interesting, but we're pretty low maintenance.