Teenage Dream.

Jailyn~

"Just out of my own curiosity, how many of you guys have one of my bats?" I type out in a tweet, adding a poll with the options, 'I do' and 'I don't'. It'll be nice to have some sort of general idea of what I'm looking at once I land in Oregon. Given the fact they're flying me out to pick up the check tells me that it's a little more than we'd initially anticipated. From what I've heard from DeMarini so far is that it's continued to put up historic numbers for them since the initial launch. Seeing the influx of replies immediately, it seems like there are more people that have it than don't, at least in terms of people who follow me. That's a relatively small sample size, though, seeing as not everyone who's bought it is going to have a Twitter, let alone see this poll before I get the official numbers for myself. 

Chuckling to myself, I see the notification of, "@ChristianYelich Quoted Your Tweet: I've got all three! Can't quite use them in the MLB, but they look good around our house." Liking the tweet, I leave it at that, immediately seeing the sparks of speculation in his replies. Neither one of us has officially confirmed that we're back together. However, our small interactions online have people guessing what's going on between us. Both Christian and I find it amusing seeing what they all think is going on behind the scenes. Liking a few tweets, I'm sure I'll stir the pot slightly. What else am I supposed to do on the next four hours of my flight? 

"You guys are the cutest! Thank you so much for all the support over the last few years. I hope you enjoy my line as much as I enjoyed making it. I can't wait for you guys to see what may or may not be coming next!" Hitting tweet; I like a few more of the original replies. Mostly just the ones of people showing off what model they have, appreciating seeing all of them in action. Just to stir the pot a little bit more, I like a few more about Christian and me. Swiping up, I hit play and let the very familiar strums at the beginning of Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' play through my headphones. It's kinda funny that's what shuffle picked; after I teased everyone about my relationship with Christian. He's the first person I've ever dated that's actually had me relating to the song, and honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Swiveling in my chair, I watch as Brian, DeMarini's head, goes over something that doesn't pertain to me, or my line, while we wait for everyone to be ready to go. Once everyone is seated, Brian begins to address me. "Alright, thank you, Jailyn, for being here today. I'm sure you've got a million things you're doing right now since your seasons finally wrapped up, so thank you for taking the time to be here today." 

Nodding, I reply, "Of course." It's not like I actually had much else going on. The only thing this interfered with is Christian's game today, and when this was scheduled, we weren't expecting this to be a pivotal game. If they lose tonight, that's it for any playoff chances. 

"Well, I guess let's get into it then," He says, sitting back in his chair at the head of the table before looking over a couple papers. "Ever since the launch of your line, it's put up historic numbers. The Jailyn James line was immediately our fastest moving product line, shattering any previous record we'd seen. Your signature model is the best selling bat of any that we've ever put out," That's pretty cool to hear, "Typically, after the first initial drop, we see a steady decline in sales as the season continues. That wasn't remotely the case with your line. It's almost unprecedented how well that your line did, especially as you continued to put up monster numbers this season." 

Nodding, I follow along, waiting for him to get into the actual numbers aspect of things. "All of that being said, your line sold just over five-hundred thousand units." Holy shit. That's like five times more than we'd anticipated. "With your cut of fifteen percent of our net profit, that gives you a take away totaling 33.8 million."