Scouting Report.

Jailyn~

"Can you reset and try and take your swing in slow motion?" the director of my shoot asks. As soon as my pen hit paper officially agreeing to my contract, they wanted to get me in and start my first campaign. Their confidence in their contract showed as they had everything set up for today. Rightfully so, seeing as I'm here, but it did put a little damper in my plans for today to see Christian, especially since my flight had already been delayed due to a snowstorm passing through Wisconsin. Landing in the warmth of California was a very welcomed change.

Twirling my bat back into place, I cock it back and run through how I'm supposed to do a slow-motion swing. "Let me get the mechanics of it for a second," I comment, waiting for him to give me the okay. Taking a normal swing, I lock the motion of it in my mind. Swinging my bat is something I rarely think about. Having to take it slow feels like more of a challenge than it should be. Trying to slow it down, I take a couple more before nodding, "Is that good?"

"Yeah," the director nods, "I like to get a couple of definitively clear shots. Just my fail-safe, more or less, should something happen with the high-speed action shots. It also gives us more frames of your gorgeous swing than the high-speed can. Especially given how quick you're swing speed is on its own. There are moments of your swing where it looks like you skipped a frame when you run it at your normal speed." Wow, that's crazy. That'd be another interesting stat to see; what my bat-speed actually clocks in at. I've known it was high, but not quite beat the shutter speed of a camera high.

Taking the slow-motion swing, I hear the shutter go off quickly as it takes in as many shots of my swing as it can before I finish, and we're able to move on to the next thing. Something with water balloons and an actual film camera to get footage for a commercial, I guess. It's a fun concept, and I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Knocking on the door, I pull my suitcase up and adjust my new duffle bag of Adidas swag on top of it. God, this better be the right address, the text from Christian said it was, but typos happen. Waiting a few minutes, I flip my fanned-out braid over my shoulder before knocking again. This time, it's only seconds before the door is opened, and I'm pulled into a warm embrace by Alecia. "Jailyn, It's so good to see you," She says, the excitement evident in her tone. It's great to see her too.

"You too. As much as I love your kid, it was nice having you around," I reply, hugging her back just as tightly. It is a little surprising that she's the one answering the door rather than Christian, "Speaking of your kid, where is he?"

"Let me grab that," She says, as she grabs my duffle, "He's upstairs. He wanted to shower before you got here after him and Cam worked out. How was the meeting? Christian told me that's why you were in town."

"It was great," I reply, letting her take my suitcase and set it to the side where she'd left my duffle bag. "Sorry it took so long for me to get here. There was a massive snowstorm coming through when I left Milwaukee, which got my flight delayed. Then on top of that, Adidas was very confident that I'd sign today and had a whole shoot set up. Needless to say, today's already been crazy."

"Well, hopefully, we can calm things down a little for you," Alecia replies with a small chuckle, "You're going to have to spare a girl's day for me, though."

Laughing, I nod as I let her lead me into the kitchen, "Of course, I honestly might need that more than you at this point. It feels like I haven't even had the chance to breathe since I got cleared."

"Well, it's not every day that a superstar like you breaks out," Alecia says with a smile motioning for me to sit at her Island. The kitchen is beautiful. Very bright and airy, with lots of white finishings and stainless steel appliances. Her white cabinets accented nicely with a black and white thin tiled backsplash. Very modern, yet simplistic and homey, that represents Alecia nicely.