Outing Us Since 2019.

Jailyn~
Thanksgiving

Stirring around the green beans, I let the spoon sit in the container as I call up, "Hey, Christian? What time did you say your family was getting here?" Having no clue where he is in our Mailbu home, I have to yell as I continue trying to get everything set for his family. 

"Mom said about twenty minutes," He calls back from somewhere upstairs. 

"Can you come down and help me then?" I ask, yelling again, hoping to be able to go get changed quick if he's ready, "I need to finish getting ready." His footsteps are loud as they descend the stairs. The volume grows as he gets closer to me in the kitchen.

"Oh my god, why are you shouting?" He teases as he comes around the breakfast bar and rests his hands on my hips from behind me. My mashing of the potatoes is distracted while he kisses my cheek, "What do you need me to do, boss?" 

"Um," I say, looking around the chaos of our kitchen, thinking of what else I can have him do. "Finish mashing the potatoes, for starters. After that, I guess plate the little snack foods, so the vegetables, olives, pickles, and whatnot. I should be ready by the time you're done with that, but if I'm not, then I guess set the table? I don't really know."

Christian chuckles a little, nodding as he takes the potato masher from my hand, "It's just my mom and brothers, don't stress so much." His hand trails along my hip a moment before he kisses my cheek again, "They'd be fine if all we had was a pizza. Mom's bringing the turkey, and then everything is going to be set, don't worry. You're amazing." 

Smiling a little, I nod, turning to kiss him on his lips. "I know," I tell him, before scooting past him, only for him to hit my butt as I get around, both of us laughing.

Taking the stairs three at a time, I get up to our room and head into the closet. Christian was right about just buying a new wardrobe for here. Lord only knows how poorly I'd have packed for living here otherwise. 

Rummaging through my clothes, I find a plain grey v-neck fitted long-sleeve and a shimmery knitted skater skirt to pair with it. Tossing the two items onto Christian and my bed, I find a set of underwear and some sheer black tights to go with. Stripping out of my clothes, I toss them into our hamper before slipping into the undergarments, and heading back out into Christian and My bedroom. 

It's been a few weeks now, but it's still weird knowing that this place is ours rather than just his. The fact I wasn't involved in anything to do with this place is weird, but Christian is insistent that this place is just as much mine as it is his. It's just a bigger step than us having moved in together. Even back in Milwaukee, we still had our separate spaces. We haven't used them both in a long time, but they're still there. Here, here we don't have a separate space. It's kinda nice. 

Pulling my hair out of the bun it'd been in. Letting it fall, I run my fingers through it, hoping that my natural curls are a little tighter than usual now, as I head into the bathroom. Checking myself in the mirror, I fluff my hair out a little as I fix my make-up. I'd rather not look like I've been stressing and working on food all day. Well, most of the day. I probably shouldn't let the little distraction of wasted time Christian and I had, seeing as he can't keep it in his pants. Maybe not wasted, or just Christian. Mostly Christian, though. Looking myself over, I head back out to the bedroom and closet again to grab a pair of booties. 

As I make my way down the stairs, Christian immediately spots me and calls out, "God damn, look at my woman. You know," He starts, chuckling to himself, as I make my way towards him in the kitchen again. "If my mom and brothers weren't coming," He rests his hands on my hips again as he looks me up and down a moment, "We'd be heading back upstairs right now." His small kiss planted on my lips stops my laugh as I kiss him back, resting my arms around his neck. "You look beautiful, just like you always do."