Hit Like Me.

Jailyn~

"Two Time NL MVP Christian Yelich caught out with Olympic Gold Medalist Jailyn James."

Chuckling to myself, I copy the link to the article and send it to Christian. This one's going to be a lot harder to talk our way out of. Hopefully, he gets to see this before he's bombarded with questions. Clicking the link again, I pull up the article and see what exactly the press has got to say this time around.

Immediately upon opening the article, there's a picture of Christian and me leaving Bacchus last night. Christian holds the restaurant door for me as I smile at him; I'm sure this was when he was commenting on how slow I was with the crutches. Without the context, the picture does look pretty incriminating for us. It'll be interesting to see what they've said about it now.

"Milwaukee Brewer, and two-time National League MVP Christian Yelich, (28), was spotted out with Team USA Olympic Softball Gold Medalist Jailyn James, (21). The pair was spotted leaving Bacchus last night in Milwaukee. Could a new romance between the two power-hitting outfielders be brewing?

"Rumors of the two initially started to circulate a year ago when Yelich posted a video on his Instagram story of a girl, rumored to be James, singing along to 'Dang!' by Mac Miller. Since the video was posted, the pair have been adamant that the woman in the video was not the Olympian. The rumors began to lull before Jailyn threw out the first pitch at Miller Park a week before she left for Tokyo. Christian received the pitch, and the two exchanged a few words before Jailyn left the field. Since then, Christian had been openly supporting Jailyn and the rest of Team USA softball as they competed in Tokyo. James being arguably the most prolific member of Team USA, leading the competition with an incredible.857 batting average, with three home runs and six RBIs. Two of which came in the gold medal game. During the game, while running out her second triple of the games, Jailyn tore her Achilles in the third inning, forcing her to exit the game. Jailyn is now two weeks post-op requiring the use of a boot and the assistance of crutches for the time being, as pictured above.

"Yelich seemed more than happy to assist James throughout the evening. Our source commented on how Christian grabbed the door for her, as well as her chair, taking her crutches and setting them to the side for her. They had also commented on how often the pair seemed to be laughing with each other, the conversation never seeming as if it were something new to them. The source also mentioned there was no PDA between the two short of Christian's hand occasionally on Jailyn's back as they entered the restaurant, then again as they'd left. They two seemed very happy leaving together last night. Only time will tell what's to come with the pair, but we wish them nothing but the best."

Nearly as soon as I finish reading the article, my phone buzzes, and I catch the message, "Dad Cell: Can I guess who the flowers are from now?"

"Sure, we're still just friends, though," I reply quickly as Tyler's name flashes up next.

"Tyler: Let me know if you need anything. The reaction seems better than last time, but I'm also seeing more of what's tailored to me."

"Honestly, I'm surprised I even caught your message. My phone is blowing up right now. Love and miss you, dude. If you're not busy tonight, you and Dylan should stop out." I text back, ignoring most of the random messages I'm receiving now. Just like the last time, I'm more popular than I've ever been. The difference this time, though, I can't just say it wasn't me. 

"Tyler: I'll have to check and see what he's up to. Even if Dylan's busy, I'll stop out catch your boy toy's game."

Scoffing, I shake my head with a smile as I type back, "He's not a boy toy, lmao. I'll see you then!"