s i x t e e n

JINYOUNG

There she was, curled up like a ball with folds of comforters covering her. I looked at the bedside table only to see a glass of water, her phone, and a box of tissues. There were also some crackers served on a plate, but it was barely touched.

I ran to her side and sat on the floor and looked at her. The first thing I noticed was the dried tears on her red cheeks. Her eyes were shut, I could not tell if she's sleeping peacefully since her forehead is a little bit crunched.

All my anger disappeared by just seeing her like this. My heart ache as I thought of her, was she like this in the past couple of days?

"Im sorry..." I whispered. "Im sorry I wasnt there for you" I held her hand softly and my eyes widened slightly.

I was surprised by the contact of heat from her skin. I gently pressed the back of my hand to her forehead. "Aish..."

I quickly went out of the room and searched for the bathroom for some towels. None.

"Jackson!!" I yelled, completely forgetting that this was his house.

"Im here babe!" I hear him make out a girly voice which im guessing was from the kitchen. I was gonna chuckle to that but now is not the time.

"Ya! Where are the towels? Jihyun's running a fever" I pace back and forth to the cabinets and opened them each.

"Aye... that girl" i hear him mumbled. "Hey relax. There are towels in her room inside the bathroom"

"Okay okay, and the medicines?"

"I'll drop by at the pharmacy right now and see what I can get" He patted my shoulder and left.

---

I placed the damped towel at her forehead and dab the other towel at her arms, hoping the temperature to go down with the cold material.

I sighed and placed my hand on the side of her face and caressed her cheeks.

Stop doing this to yourself Jihyun-ah.

It hurts me to see you like this.

From the corner of my eye, i see her phone light up, together with the message.

Unknown 3:38PM
See, I told you nothing will happen if you just obey my rules.

I immediately grabbed the phone and opened it, thankfully without a password.

My heard dropped at the messages she's been receiving from this asshole.

Most probably includes to stay away from me and my family, and how he's complimenting her that she's doing great with a lot of flirtious emojis that makes me want to puke.

One message that caught my eye was the day we last talked.

Unknown 3:56 PM 12/02/19
Things will not get pretty if you involve the police... oops too late.

Why didn't she told me this? Is this why she was suddenlymad at me? So she fought with me on purpose? Is that it?

"Ya...pabo" i mumbled while staring at her. I was angry and irritated at the fact that she was making pointless descisions on her own when both of us are clearly involed in this.

I put down her phone and looked at her for awhile while holding her hand, my thumb rubbing against her skin.

JIHYUN

I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the lights around the room. I feel my headache became worse and felt a towel on my forehead as I continuously sweat.

I tried moving but a hand kept me from doing it.

I blinked twice, thinking if it is really him. His head laying on top of his arms along with the hand that was holding mine. His entire body was on the floor. He must be uncomfrtable. My other hand reached out for his hair and ruffled it slightly.

I smiled. I missed him so much it hurts.

He stirred at his position and slowly opened his eyes. He jumped out from his seat and hovered me, his hands quickly went to both sides of my face.

"Ya, are you okay? Do you need anything?" He rumbled his words concernly.

"Is- is it r-really you?" I say in my hoarse voice as I suddenly coughed.

He sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around me. I could not help but smile slightly and let some tears pour out. He lets go of me and wipe my tears with his thumb.

"Im sorry Jihyun. Im sorry I wasn't there" he said. I shook my head.

"No, please don't ever apologize for something that is not your fault" I held his hand tightly. "H-how did you know I was here?"

"Jackson" he said. I looked down and bit my lip.

"Im sorry." I said and looked at him. He looked back with his chin slightly wrinkled while pouting lightly. "I didnt mean anything I said..."

He smiled at me slightly, tugging a hair behind my ear. "I know" he mumbled. "Just don't leave me again" he added.

"I won't" I replied.

"And please babe, please take care of yourself. I don't want seeing you like this" the word 'babe' made me even more hotter for a second and he notices it, he chuckled. Just as he said that, I realized i was sweating this whole time. I guess i am sick after all. "I'll go make you some soup. Stay here and rest okay?" He stood up.

I didn't nod but instead I grabbed his hand and looked at him. "I should've told you he was still texting me, im sorry" I said. He sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"Look, both of us are involved into this so we cant be secretive about it to each other okay?" I nod. "Do you trust me Jihyun-ah?"

"I trust you"

"Then we'll get through this together okay? I promise i'll do everything to protect the both of us" i smiled at him, touched by his last sentence. "Now rest. I'll be right back" he kissed my forehead passionately which made my heart skipped a beat as he left the room.

I love you, Jinyoung