More Secrets

"Ali?"

"One sec!"

And literally a second later, Alison was beside Emily and she took out her toothbrush and in sync, they put their hands together, toothbrushes side by side, and Alison squirted one line of toothpaste on top of both. Still in sync, they lifted their toothbrushes to their mouths and looked up to the mirror. Emily's movements were still a little less smooth because she was using her left hand, but she grinned into the mirror when Alison winked at her. Just like how they always did for the past month, Alison let Emily rinse her mouth first before she did, and when she looked up again Emily was smiling impishly.

"It's like we're a married couple."

Alison had looked down to pick up her lipgloss when Emily spoke so she missed the look of panic on Emily's face when the words left her mouth. The brunette didn't mean to say them and was highly aware that it was years too soon to even joke about marriage. But Alison only hummed, resting her hand on the sink, tube of gloss in between two fingers, and she used her other hand to make Emily look at her.

"Maybe we are," Alison murmured with a smirk, before leaning into her girlfriend for a kiss, tasting the mint of the toothpaste they shared, and she couldn't help but wonder how it tasted somehow sweet in Emily's lips. Emily was only aware of the warmth that spread through her at Alison's words. She thought she was once again alone in hoping for a forever with Ali. Now she knew there was a possiblity that Alison was considering the same for the two of them.

Alison applied her lipgloss. "Come on. We're going to be late-"

But she was pulled back by Emily, left hand hooking into one of the belt loops of Alison's shorts for a much longer, much firmer kiss and when they parted, Emily looked back into the mirror, pressing her lips together.

Alison thought that was the best way to apply lipgloss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So are you excited to have that thing removed?" asked Hanna, tapping Emily's cast with her fingernail. The cast undeneath the brace she was wearing now had a lot of signatures from her friends. Alison had called dibs on who would write first and had simply written 'Mine' in her loopy, cursive handwriting. The others written their names on.

"She couldn't even sleep," Alison teased, pressing a kiss to Emily's cheek.

"I'm really looking forward to it," she muttered, blushing a little as she met Alison's eyes. Alison hadn't slept either, because Emily kept tossing in bed. Not that Alison was getting any sleep. She had started getting nightmares unbeknownst to Emily. "I've been looking forward to this day since the cast was set."

"You still need to partially immobilize your arm, right?" Spencer reminded her.

Emily nodded. "But at least I can write again. One on one quizzes with teachers are embarrassing. They know exactly which questions I just guessed right." The girls laughed.

"We should go." Alison checked her watch, and Emily handed her the keys to her car so she would drive. Alison had been the one driving for the past month because of Emily's arm, but Alison still gave Emily her keys whenever they got off the car.

They arrived at the hospital about fifteen minutes later, and Pam was already there. Wayne had to be called back for an emergency.

"You look excited." Pam gave her daughter a hug, squeezing gently so Emily's shoulder wouldn't be affected.

"I am. I'm not meant to be a lefty."

Pam laughed, as she wrapped her arm around Emily and Emily had to catch Alison's hand in hers, knowing Alison had a thing about leaving Emily alone with her mom so they can spend time together. Emily thought it was because Alison wanted her to appreciate her mother more, because Alison's hadn't been the best of mothers.