Forevers are Maybes

The Sunday after Alison's second kidnapping in just a few months found the five girls in Spencer's house trying to figure out what to do about -A and all her attempts at their lives. There was Spencer and Emily to think about, the only two left who hadn't been targeted by -A ever since the event at the theater. Alison had only agreed because if there was any way to protect Emily, she would not hesitate to do anything.

"We can't keep waiting for -A's next strike anymore. Her plans are getting more and more dangerous." Spencer sat at the edge of the couch she was occupying, elbows on her knees as she furrowed her brows in what the other girls have recognized as the classic Spencer-in-her-zone look.

"I still can't believe -A used Paige." Aria was seated beside Spencer, worrying her lip.

Hanna raised her hands, in front of her, palms upward look of disbelief in her face. "I can't believe Paige actually shot at Ali. I don't know what kind of things -A fed her." She paused. "Then again, she tried to drown Emily."

It was Ali who reached over and slapped her arm at her comment, and Emily pulled her back, rewrapping Alison's arms around her, as was the position they had been in ever since they arrived, with Alison sitting behind Emily, and Emily sitting between Alison's legs. Since Emily was a few inches taller, Alison settled for pressing her ear against Emily's back near her shoulder, not really looking at the others.

"She probably feels really bad," Alison muttered from where she was lifting her head to kiss Emily's shoulder.

"Do we have to be subjected to this?" Hanna interjected, althought she was smirking at the two of them. 

"Yes," Emily replied simply, placing her own arms over Alison's. "So what do we do?"

Spencer was quiet, as if weighing something before she proposed it to the group, leaning back on the couch. They all waited, knowing Spencer always had something brewing in her mind before they even talk about things like this. It seemed second nature to her to be considering different possibilities and situations, trying to solve anything. It came especially in handy wherever -A was concerned. Although, the friends have tried very hard to get that weight off of Spencer, due to her tendency to go to extreme measures to be able to keep doing it.

Finally, she scooted forward, sitting on the edge of the couch again, resuming her previous position. "I think we need to tell the police everything."

Aria visibly paled, and Emily felt Alison stiffen behind her. Hanna frowned at Spencer. "Where exactly did this come from?"

"It was our original plan. We could leave -A up to them if we tell them everything." Spencer voice were firm. "And if we tell them everything, -A won't have any kind of leverage against us. Their hold on us is based on the lies we've told, and most of the things we've done are to protect those lies."

She looked at the other four, trying to reason with them. She knew Aria wanted to confess to Shauna's death already, because it had been too big a burden to bear for her. But revealing that Aria killed Shauna would reveal a lot more things they weren't ready to divulge at the time.

Her eyes stopped on Ali, who was still partially hidden behind Emily. "We need to start with Jenna."

There was silence again as they thought about Spencer's words. They all knew she was right, and they were all also aware that the one who was going to be the most affected was Alison if ever they decided to go through with this plan. They all waited for Alison to speak, and when the silence felt like it had lasted too long already, Emily squeezed Alison's arms comfortingly. "Ali..."

"I already told them."

Emily shifted in her arms, now sideways, both legs on the couch so she could look at her girlfriend. The rest of the girls looked at Alison with wide surprised eyes.