Rising Tension

As the days went by and Emily's operation drew near, she started acting a lot restless. There was one time when Alison woke up in the middle of the night and Emily wasn't home, and she had a minor panic attack until she saw her phone with Emily's text telling her that she needed to be somewhere. Alison had wanted to go to her, not wanting her girlfriend to be alone, not wanting to be alone in a big house.She'd curled up in bed waiting up for Emily, and once again thought about the alternative the police had given her. If she was this dependent on Emily, she really needed it.

Emily came back two hours later, and was only slightly surprised to find Alison awake and waiting. She'd noticed Alison waking up at night just because Emily would go to the bathroom. It was like her girlfriend couldn't sleep without Emily's constant warmth beside her. Emily found it adorable, but knew it was rooted in something Alison was trying very hard to cope with. So she had slid beside Alison, and she let the blonde warm her hands from her impromptu evening walk.

Then, it was the day before the operation and Emily had apparently decided to clean the house. She and Alison were lounged on the couch, or at least Alison was comfortably nestled while she held a very tense Emily in her arms, when Emily suddenly stood up and declared that she couldn't stay still and needed to do something.

Alison had let her move on her own, knowing Emily mostly knew what would help her cope with what she was dealing with. She watched as her brunette girlfriend bustled in the living room, and waited until she finished. Emily was finishing up, and already looking around for something else to do. When she had moved to the kitchen to clean there, too, Alison had to stop her. They both actually just cleaned the house the weekend before and it was Friday.

"Love." Alison stood from her lounge and approached Emily who had stopped her progress to the kitchen.

"I was going to make dinner."

Hands warm and steady, Alison lifted both of them to settle on Emily's shoulders, before sliding down to rub over her upper arms. She watched Emily relax slightly at her touch. Although normally, it would have already completely relaxed her. "You made breakfast."

Emily sighed a little at the contact, and because she knew it would make her feel better, shifted closer to Alison, making Alison's arms wrap around her neck as Emily wrapped her own arms around Ali's middle. "I don't mind."

"I do. I'm already enough of a freeloader," she teased, hoping to make Emily smile. But instead, her girlfriend frowned.

"You're not a freeloader."

Alison hummed, seemingly agreeing. "I pay with kisses."

This time Emily did smile, and because she was grateful for it, she claimed one of those 'payments', ducking her head to capture Alison's lips.

To Alison's surprise, the kiss that she'd meant only to last a few seconds escalated in intensity so fast, she broke free gasping, but Emily only shifted so she was kissing Alison's neck, tongue rolling over all the spots Emily had discovered could make Alison putty in her arms. Alison held on for dear life.

"Emily..."

"Let's make love tonight."

Alison's eyes widened, but she could barely think when Emily was sucking on a spot just below her shirt that was precariously close to her breast, and was probably leaving a hickey. Her mind was abuzz, her heart in a frenzy, and when Emily finally decided to give her a break, Alison almost groaned when she was met with brown eyes that were several shades darker.

"Where is this coming from?" Alison gasped, as Emily started kissing her neck again. She needed to think straight, Alison thought to herself, but had no control over her own body as she clung to Emily.