Chapter nine

This chapter is more of a filler but I swear it'll get more interesting. I'm just trying to show that Sage is breaking away from what her father has always taught her and that she's becoming her own person. It might be a tad bit boring but I hope you still like it. 

Comment or vote to let me know if you liked it or not. Enjoy!!

Chapter nine

“Hello?” I mumbled answering my phone.

“Why are you still asleep?” Kalina nearly shouted into the phone.

I rolled over to look at my alarm clock. “It’s only ten.”

“Ya but I thought you always got up at eight and no latter.”

“I guess I was just tired and I turned my alarm off. Give me a break it’s Sunday.”

“Ok, well anyway would you want to go shopping with your fabulously lonely friend?”

“Hmmm, that depends.”

“On what?”

“Can we get breakfast first?”

About an hour and half later Kalina and I were walking around the local mall.

“Ok that would look amazing on you.” She said pointing to a black dress in Macys.

I stopped to look at it. It was a black tank top dress with a floral type of pattern and it stopped mid-thigh. “I don’t know.” I said letting the material run through my fingers.

“Why not? It’s not even twenty dollars.”

“My dad doesn’t like me to wear a whole lot of black.”

“Then put a cardigan or a belt on it with some colorful shoes.” I didn’t reply to her I just looked at the dress. It was cute. “Does your dad really control what you wear?”

“He tries to…he doesn’t like when my clothes are ‘skimpy’ but I usually wear them anyway. I just listen when he tells me not to dress like a ‘delinquent’.”

“A delinquent?”

“Ya, you know a lot of dark colors, ripped clothes, studded clothes stuff like that.”

“Well do you like how you dress now?” She asked leaning up against a clothes rack.

I looked down at the clothes I was wearing now. I was wearing blue jeans with simple black heels a white tank top that fanned out at my waste and a black belt that was around my ribs.

“I’m ok with it.” I nodded.

“But do you like it?” She persisted. “Do you enjoy how you dress?”

I thought about all the models I’d scene in magazines that dressed edgy or about how Aaron had asked why I never dressed lazy. “I guess sometimes I wish I could dress a little bit differently.”

“Then buy it!” She said grabbing my size and handing it to me. “You have your own money right?”

“Ya that my dad gives me.” I laughed.

“Well your dad can’t control everything in your life.”

“I don’t know.” I sighed. “He already doesn’t like Aaron and he’s never liked me being into cheerleading and dancing.”

“Sage, you are your own person do what makes you happy.”

“Ok…I’m gonna get it.” I said smiling.