Chapter twenty-five

Hey everyone! Here's another update, I hope you like it. :) 

The video on the side is of Brad and Sage's performance at the town festival. I don't own it I got it off youtube! And the kiss in the middle of it doesn't happen in the story alright? :)

I hope you all like this! Comment or vote PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE. :) 

Chapter twenty-five

“Sage!” My dad yelled after opening my door. I groaned and rolled over while pulling my blanket over my head. “It may be your birthday but you still have to go to school.”

“It’s Friday you should just let me skip.”

“You already skipped school once, you’re not skipping again.”

I groaned before rolling out of bed and walked to the shower.

After showering I put on a white tank top and I put a short blue pencil skirt with a floral pattern on it. Then after opening my window and feeling that the March air was a little cold I threw on a bright yellow cardigan that went to the end of my skirt but I left the front unbuttoned.

All week I’d been worried about Zoe. When we’d gotten back from our road trip and Aaron had taken Zoe to her doctor’s appointment he had come back saying that she wasn’t getting better. In fact she had gotten worse.

I’d spent all week worrying about her getting better that I had completely forgotten my birthday was this week. I flipped my Paris calendar to the month of March because I’d even forgotten to do that. I had even put a star on March 9th, my birthday.

I never dreamed that I’d forget my eighteenth birthday.

I wasn’t even excited that Brad and I were preforming a dance at the town’s small festival this upcoming Sunday. Brad and I had been asked if we wanted to preform by a very nice very orange woman named Ms. Bryan. She said that having the duet team that won the cheer championship would be a great ‘show’ for any audience that showed up.

Aaron texted me saying that he had to retake a test in the morning so he couldn’t give me a ride.

I bounded down the stairs where my dad was.

“Hey dad.” I said smiling before grabbing an apple.

“Happy birthday Sage.” He said before pulling me in for a hug.

I gave him a hesitant hug back. Even though we fight I know I love him. Sometimes it’s just harder to figure that out.

“Thanks dad. I’ll see you later.” I said before heading out the door and driving to school.

“Hey!” Kalina said beaming and nearly jumping into my arms when I walked in the front doors of our school.

“Hi.” I laughed.

“Feliz cumpleaños!” She yelled in my ear before pulling back. “Happy birthday.”

“Thanks.”

“Here.” She said while handing me a bag.

“Oh my god, Kalina this is adorable!” It was a black shoulder bag with silver studs on the sides.

“Look inside!” She said jumping up and down and clapping her hands.

I unzipped the purse and pulled out a box. I opened it to see a small golden Eiffel tower charm on a gold chain. “I love it!” I shrieked before unclipping the chain and putting it on. “You rock!” I said before hugging her again.