Chapter thirty-seven

Who rocks! Another chapter in a day! Heck yes! I hope you all enjoy it! The video on the side is Brad and Sage's duet again. (Also the kiss at the end doesn't happen. Repeat DOESN'T HAPPEN)
Also I realize people are getting frusterated with Sage but she's just trying to 'find her way' I hope you can all understand that and still enjoy the book. :) Plus she'll be making a choice here very soon. ;) 

Chapter thirty-seven

“What?” I said shaking my head as shock settled in.

“It was just a gift.” He said quickly as if to cover something up. He quickly shoved the necklace back under his shirt before clearing his throat. “It wasn’t an engagement ring…or anything.”

“Ok.” I said hesitantly. “Well…I should probably be getting back.”

“Right.” He said nodding as I walked towards the door.

Shit. Nate dropped me off. I have no car. “Um, Aaron?”

“Yeah?” He said looking back at me almost hopefully.

“Can you give me a ride?...Nate dropped me off.”

“Sure. My mom will be home in about twenty minutes, and then I’ll take you.” We waited until his mom got home and he said a quick hello before explaining that he had to take me home. His mom said that was fine before she went upstairs to check on Zoe. Aaron motioned for me to follow him before scooping up his keys and heading outside to his car.

We spent the whole ride in silence before I finally said something when he stopped outside Hailey’s house. Although I guess it was my house as well.

“Thanks.” I said before opening the door.

“Wait, Sage?” I paused and looked back at him. “Zoe’s birthday is this weekend. I was wondering…if you and Brad would mind doing a small dance?” He said it as if I would yell at him. “She really loves them and I think it would mean a lot to her.”

I smiled at him. “Of course we will.”

“You don’t have to if you don’t want-“

“Aaron.” I said cutting him off. “We’d love to.”

He smiled before we both said goodbye.

****************

It was the Friday after that and I was on my way to my grandmothers with Nate. I was taking him to dinner with my grandmother and my dad so my grandmother could meet him. It was 3pm so it would be an early dinner.

Nate was kind enough to drive so I could let my thoughts run wild as I leaned my head against the window.

Brad and I had made another dance for Zoe’s birthday.

After talking to Aaron a little more I discovered that Zoe was having an Aladdin birthday party, because her favorite princess was Jasmine.

So Brad and I had decided that we would make a Bollywood dance. It took up most of our free time that week; we had to watch videos and go over it step by step. Not to mention we kept messing up. But we finally perfected it last night, and it was a huge relief considering that Zoe’s birthday party was tomorrow afternoon.

All week I’d only practiced the dance, gone to school and went out with Nate once. We’d just eaten dinner at his place again, but it was a nice way to relax from all the stressful things.

“Sage?” Nate said cutting through my thoughts.

“Huh?” I said jumping.

“We’re here.” He laughed.