Chapter 13- Welcome Home? (Family Pic)

~*~Author’s Note: Hey there fans, followers, and supporters of this story. Just a heads up before you read this chapter; there will be a lot of things revealed and a lot of surprises. I can’t tell you what they are though. Guess you’ll just have to read to find out what they are. Enjoy! :)~*~

Chapter 13- Welcome Home? (Picture of Saphire's Family)

Omg, Omg, ok Jay-Jay and Scar is coming home today. So everything has to be perfect. My greatest friends ever are coming back. It felt like an eternity since they’ve been here. Ok it’s now 8 a.m. Jay-Jay and Scar should be here by noon. Decorations are up, lunch is still cooking, my home-made banner is up (that took a lot of work); all that’s left is to get ready. I am not going to let them come back and see me in sweats and a tank top with my hair looking like a bird’s nest.

“Saphire you need to cool down. Stressing yourself out isn’t going to help anything.”

“Excuse me. You have no right to talk to me right now. I specifically told you not to tell James about the situation but you went ahead anyways. And since he’s coming with Scar she might find out to. You’ve just put two very important people in my life in danger. SO DO NOT TELL ME TO COOL DOWN!!”

The nerves of this guy I give him one task, one simple task and he can’t even do that. How am I even sure that I can trust him? He might be the one after me for all I know. I mean look at the facts (fact actually) right after I told him about my claustrophobia I was magically shoved in my locker. Coincidence, I think not. I have to be more careful around him now.

“Look Saphire, if James or Scar was in the same situation wouldn’t you want me to tell you?”

“Yes but… Shit I don’t have any buts.”

“Hey you might want to rephrase that? And exactly you would’ve done the same. Listen, I’m really sorry but I had my reasons. James is like a brother to me and before he left he told me if anything happens to you to tell him. So I broke a promise to keep one.”

When he said that to me he looked at me with some promising yet, sad eyes. Ok get over it, it doesn’t matter. He does have a good reason why he did what he did. But if I choose to forgive him it goes against everything I stand for. My motto is ‘I’ll trust anyone from the get-go but betray my trust and you may never get it back.’ How can I be mad at someone who’s just so sweet? 

“Gabriel I...” I began to say but then he cut me off.

He came closer to me and said, “You have every right to be mad at me, and I know the code you live by; so I’m not asking you to forgive me. All I’m asking is that you understand why I did it.”

We were so close that I could feel his breath on my forehead. Yes I’m that short deal with it. He lifted my chin so that we were seeing eye-to-eye and I saw him mouthing the word ‘please’. It’s weird because I’m feeling butterflies in my stomach. This is just, I don’t, and I can’t even finish a sentence in my mind. Right now I couldn’t even speak; so I just nodded.

He started to come closer, if it was even possible. Just as it seems we were about to kiss the timer on the oven went off.

“Umm, I have to check on the food, and get ready; they’ll be here soon,” I said nervously.

“Yeah, do what you have to do,” he said with a big smile.

What the hell just happened? I mean one moment I’m mad at him the next thing I know he makes me weak and wrapped around his damn finger. It’s the second time we’ve almost kissed. The first time was during tennis practice a while back and I had to carry him to the nurse. This can’t happen he’s Scar’s boyfriend. Ok I’ll get over it. Breathe, just breathe. So the food is ready, I am doing a Japanese themed lunch/buffet. It has shrimp and calamari tempura, Thai fresh spring rolls, crab Rangoon, spicy beef salad, wonton soup, stir-fried ginger, steak teriyaki, and for dessert mochi ice-cream.