Chapter 7- The End of an Era & The Beginning of a New One

~* sorry it took me so long to update, but I was really busy with school. But I did finish up to chapter 9 and they are up right now. I hope you like them>*~

Chapter 7: The End of an Era & The Beginning of a New One

I woke up early again this morning. Seriously what was wrong with me lately?! I sat up and remembered that I slept over by Jay-Jay. Also I recalled the incident from last night. Sigh why me? I looked in my head and Kimmy wasn’t there. Did I really get rid of her before I went to sleep? Wow honestly I can’t remember. I just know that she isn’t there anymore. Being bored I climbed up to the top bunk were James was sleeping. Should I? Shouldn’t I? I asked myself as I cuddled up with him.

“Morning Fireball,” James yawned.

“I’m sorry Jay-Jay I didn’t mean to wake you,” I apologized.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him and inhaled my hairs sent. Weirdo. Although I must admit that this felt so nice. I wish I could wake up like this every morning.

“It’s ok. It’s ok,” he said while stroking my hair.

I turned to face him. I was watching his features when he exclaimed, “Wow!”

“What??” I asked feeling a little self-conscious.

“You look so beautiful when you wake up and not much people could say that,” he stated with a little shock to his voice. When he said that I could feel myself blush, “It’s too bad we’re just friends though,” he sighed.

“No were not just friends. I’m shocked you think that,” I told him while pulling him closer into the hug.

“Were not,” he asked a little too hopefully.

“Nope were best friends,” I told him matter-of-factly. Yeah my bestie Jay-Jay. Life can’t possibly be any better than this moment right now. “Okay I’m going to go take a shower.”

“Yeah Fireball you stink,” James laughed while holding his nose, earning him a play full slap.

I walked over to the bathroom to run a bath. Then I pulled out my mp3, plugged in my head phones, took off my clothes, and jumped into the bath. It is so refreshing.  It feels like all my troubles are slowly being washed away and boy is that an amazing feeling.

“Hit me with your best shot! Why don’t you hit me with your best shot? Hit me with your best shot? Hit me with your best shot! Come on fire away,” I started to ‘sing.’ Just then Gabriel walked in.

“Hey Saphire,” he said sleepily. It took a while, but then he realized what he just said. “James!!!! Why is Saphire in our bathroom?”

“Oh she stayed the night. Just don’t worry about it,” James said like it was nothing new. I wonder just how often James brings girls into his room and allow them to shower here. I thought his mother taught him better. Of course I’m an exception; I mean we’ve known each other almost all of our lives.

“Oh okay. But why was she singing off key?”

“I don’t know ask her.” That made me gasp, was I really off key? If I was I didn’t even notice. I don’t sing off key. Besides I thought that the bathroom was supposed to have these amazing acoustics that could allow anyone to sing.

“You really think I was off key,” I asked still shocked.

“Yeah but not for the whole thing just, the part where you were singing ‘fire away’.”

This made me feel a little better, but just a little. I sat there and Gabriel was there just staring and smiling. This made me want to smile a little. I didn’t realize it before but he had a beautiful smile. You know with a smile like that it almost made me forget that I hate his guts, almost. Oh shit!! I just remembered I was taking a bath. “Get out the bathroom you pervert,” I screamed.