Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette's POV (Pic of Scar)

Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette’s POV (Pic of Scar)

“Oh my gosh would you just quit it already,” I screamed.

“Why should I, huh? Just tell me why. Oh my I felt like I was about to burst into a Backstreet Boys song.”

“You should listen to me because I’m older. Also I always knew you were undecided.”

“First of all I’m the oldest. I’m a good two years older than you. Second of all how can all of this be gay.”

“I don’t know, the cute guys are always the one in the closet.”

“Oh so you’re finally admitting that your brother is handsome. It took sometime but you finally admitted it. How does it feel?”

“Really, that’s what you got out of what I said. I am so done with you, whatever.”

“I love you too sis, and despite what you tell yourself you love me.”

He’s right you know, but sometimes I wish I was an only child. Saphire is so lucky that she’s one. Anyways the immature conceited person I was talking to earlier is my “older” brother J’Quan. With the way he acts you’d believe he’s 5 or something. Right now I’m home. Man it’s been awhile since I was here. It’s crossed my mind a couple of times that I should stay a little longer or visit more often. I mean seriously I’ve only been here for a whole two weeks. Maybe if I did visit more often then I would’ve found out about my mom earlier. I mean I do call almost every day, but she wouldn’t have told me anyways. That’s just like her she’s going to put on a smile so we won’t worry, even when we have a right to.

 I wonder how Saphire and Gabriel are getting along though. That should be an interesting story for when I go back. Maybe I should break up with him; I only went with him to mess with Saphire. Besides she’s pretty much all we ever talk about. When we’re together he would try to smoothly slip in questions about her. It’s like he’s obsessed. I wonder if they’ve pissed each other off yet with their constant babbling.

I got up to walk around, looking at all the pictures of me, my mom, my brother, and my dad; one big happy family. Yeah right. My mom is in the hospital, my brother is way too immature, and I haven’t seen my dad in years, not that I really want to see him anyways. My mom won’t ever tell me what happen because she says its grown folks business. All I know is that one night I woke up to see my big bro filled with rage, my mom filled with tears, and my father was nowhere in sight. Sigh, why can’t I have a normal family? Oh yeah, because normal is boring.

“Hey sis, I’m about to go see mom. You want to come,” my brother asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Do you even have to ask? Of course I want to come see my mom, but can I drive on the way over?”

“Uh, no. We can’t afford to get me in a full- body cast and you in prison. Let’s go I’m driving.” What is that supposed to mean

As we walked out of the house I saw our neighbor Mrs. George. “Good afternoon Mrs. George,” I screamed loud enough for her to hear me from her garden.

“Hi dear, are you going to see your mother?”

 “Yes we are actually.”

“Ok can you hold on for one second?” She runs into her house and nearly falls. I cover my mouth to hide the smirk on my face. J’Quan is already starting the car by the time she came back out. Now she’s holding a beautiful bouquet of multi-colored roses.

“Give these to her would you? And let her know that she’s in my prayers.”

“Will do. And I’m sure she’ll love these.”