Chapter 4: Early Awakenings

Chapter 4: early awakenings

Another morning, another problem. I knew just by the fact that I woke up early on my own something bad was going to happen. It may not happen today, it may not happen tomorrow, but it will happen by the end of the week. I can feel it in my young, yet old bones. It’s like a family gift; we can sense when bad things happen. Apparently I got mines early; you’re not supposed to get it until 16, I got mines at 8 years early bitches. I realize it’s unusually quiet and not just because Scar is asleep. Oh yeah Kimmy, she’s sleeping too.

Well if I’m up this early might as well start getting ready for my classes. I started styling my hair, which is difficult. I wasn’t born with that bone in girls bodies that make them an instant hairstylist. Ugh why can’t I have a brush like the one in Barbie and the Pop star? That way I’d just have to say a code and boom, fabulous hairstyle in a heartbeat. That would make my life so much easier and cut preparation time in half. Also I wouldn’t have to spend so much money on going to a salon.

I looked in the mirror. And for some reason Gabriel comes to my mind. I remember the other day when I carried him to the nurse things were so intense. I don’t even know what was happening. It was all just moving too fast and whatever. I mean I’m supposed to hate him aren’t I? This is just too weird. It seems like you don’t hate him as much as you thought. Ah and Kimmy awakes. I’m being serious; I’ve never felt anything like that before. Maybe it’s how hate is supposed to feel. Or is it love? Who knows, there’s only a really thin line between the two.

To be honest I don’t even know how it feels to love or hate someone. Well I don’t technically hate anyone; just dislike or strongly dislike, sometimes even terribly dislike. Honey you are one serious nut job. Don’t I know it. Gosh life can be confusing. Eventually I snapped out of my thoughts and continued to do my hair. I’m feeling stylish so I decided on pigtails; the come down to the middle of my back. Also I threw in a bang for effect, awesome right. As for clothes I settle for a black t- shirt that says “If you can read this shirt, then you’ve invaded my personal space” black skinny jeans, and my black converse. What can I say, I feel like wearing black today.

When I was done I went to wake up Scarlette. It's time she found out just how I feel when she constantly wakes me up every morning. Ok so maybe this is better than slashing her tires. I know right. I really need to stop talking to myself in my head. Although since no one except Scar and my other bestie know about Kimmy, people usually just feel I’m deep in thought. Anyway back to the matter at hand. Exactly how should I do this? I looked down at my BFF; she looks so peaceful in her sleep. All the more reason you need to wake her up. I bet you look peaceful in your sleep too. Yeah I bet I do.

I pulled open the curtains to let the light in. All she did was groan and turn over in her bed covering her face with her comforter. I walked over to her bed and started bouncing up and down on it. This is payback for waking us up early on a Sunday. Sigh revenge could be so sweet. It can even be sweeter than candy even. Now Kimmy’s rocking out to ‘I want candy’. Ha I love that song.