Chapter 2: Science Class

"Oh my gosh, really Scarlette!" I screamed as she pulled open the curtains letting the light in. Why must this girl be so annoying? We should do something about that. Great I have to wake up to deal with both Scarlette and Kimmy, what a way to start the day. For some reason I just have this great migraine, and it’s not because of Scarlette.  

"Get up or we're going to be late for class.", she said as she jumped up and down on my bed.

"I'm going to ask for a new roommate." I sighed pulling my sheets over my face.

"No you won't, you love me too much." she replied smiling big.

Unenthusiastically, I went to get ready for class. Today we started a new semester. So new classes and everything. Hooray?! Ugh why is getting my DVM so much work. I mean sure I know that I’ll have to do 8 years of college but still. Am I going to give up though? No, no I am not my dad did not raise a quitter and I refuse to disappoint him. I probably already have and that’s why… anyways new classes, new opportunities right.

"Hey Saphire," Scarlette asked curiously.

"Yeah Scar?"

"Are you a natural red-head?" This was like the millionth time she asked me that question.

"Really we've known each other for 13 years and you still ask me that question?" I swear the next time someone asks me that question I would totally lose it. I mean I get it I don’t have the red hair that people are normally born with, but come on it can’t be that bad can it. There was a time Scarlette went around getting all the red things that she could to compare my hair to them to see exactly what shade of red my hair was. It is Rose Red. Hence the nickname Scar gave my when we were younger: Red Rose. That could so be my super hero name.

Scar and I started to make our way to the other side of campus. Thank God I have a car because I really didn’t feel like walking all the way there. My first class was science Scar and I had it together. Mrs. Sankitts, the teacher, knew that Scarlette and I were best friends and that we talked a lot, and that’s only because the other teachers told her. Those big mouthed teachers; they’re always talking. Don’t they know it’s wrong to spread rumors? It doesn’t matter if they’re true or not. Now I’ll have to sit by some weirdo, I can feel it in my bones.

"Ms. Rodriguez and Ms. Cepeda please sit away from each other." she commanded. Just by her voice you could tell that she was a strict teacher. Well that or she’s heard of you. Ah and Kimmy returns. Hopefully during class she decides to take a nap. That would be nice. You know since technically since I’m in your head I can hear what you’re thinking, right? Yes people, I have the right to call others weirdoes. Don’t worry I’m not crazy my father had me tested. Just like Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory, but it was his mom not his dad.

I decided that I was going to sit at and empty desk all the way to the other side of the class. It feels alien sitting away from Scar. We’ve always been partners in all classes. I turned to look at her and she was already watching me to. We were having one of those sad silent conversations like in the movies. Oh we are so dramatic. Our bestie telepathy let her know what I was thinking and she started laughing. I couldn’t help but join her. Mrs. Sankitts turned and glared at the both of us making us laugh even more. She just rolled her eyes and continued doing what she was doing. It doesn’t matter where you sit us we’ll always disrupt a class.

Just as I finally calmed my laughter down a familiar voice asked, "Is this seat taken?" I looked over to see who was asking. As I looked up I saw it was Gabriel.

What did we do to deserve this?  Kimmy asked the question I was thinking. At least she doesn’t physically have to deal with him. I on the other hand have to endure this torture. You know I think it’s because you at chocolate during your diet. That was so long ago, why wait until now to punish me. When he sat down next to me I saw Scarlette start to laugh again. Really what was so funny about this? I bet she planned this. She knows how I feel about him yet she laughs. The nerve of her, we should flat her tires. What’s with Kimmy and flatting tires?