Chapter XXI

Aizelle’s POV

There are seven small screens in front of us and Drei was standing beside me who’s also watching it silently. Despite the tension, I couldn’t help but to feel amazed while watching how it goes.

In front of the small TV screens, chewing his gum and conscientiously watching the suspicious movements, confident George never let his expert eyes leave the screens.

No idea how he did it but sure my curiosity didn’t stop there. Hackers are the gifted threats to the government. Undergone a series of psychological test, a decision to give him a stable job, the best insurance for his parents and educational plans for his children, were fair enough to turn the tables. He’s a living proof that villains could be heroes too.

The guy has passion and certain addiction in programming, web designing and application exploring which had turned to a threat after some time, making fake websites and phishing. After realizing he could easily make money out of his talent comes after the regret he didn’t discover it before the death of his father. The irony of life knocked him off realizing he could afford three condo units today yet he couldn’t pay the hospital bills of his late father ten years ago. 

He was kind of popular by his pen name but able to maintain his life private by the help of the government. Drei and George really hit it off that’s why we’re able to know a little about him.

I snapped once more and found myself focused on the fears crawling in my veins. My fingers started shaking so I try to find calmness by biting my teeth.

I looked at the third screen, Avo was consistently checking his wrist watch. He was extra different today, wearing an extravagant tuxedo and his hair was comb neatly. Iyon lang ang soot niya but he easily pulled it off. All I see now is a confident, dominant and incandescent man that would take things seriously.

Avo didn’t have any trouble setting his foot in the place. His great aplomb made it very easy for him. Although the plan was meticulous and precise in every possible way, the fear of fucking this up is still there. I know hindi ganoong kadali ang lahat, parang hindi ko pa nga kayang harapin dahil sa sobrang takot sa dibdib ko. Pero nandito na and Drei is unstoppable for doing this.

I rubbed my arms, licked my dry lips and stepped back a little. Bumangga ang sapatos ko sa mga brief cases. Binaba ko ang aking tingin habang pabagal ng pabagal ang pag himas ko sa aking braso, may mga nagbanggaang bakal sa loob and that itself gave me goosebumps. Naisip ko nang mga baril ang laman ng mga iyon. A sign of violence and it didn’t feel good that it was just beside me. I had seen so much killing for the past years and it gave me endless nightmares. I just want to stop seeing anything that signifies violence.

A familiar warmth soothed me, the warmth continued to make its way to my heart when I realized it was Drei’s palms. Hinawakan niya ako sa kamay at piniga-piga niya ito. Pakiramdam ko ay tumatapang ako, katulad niya, para bang binibigyan niya ako ng tapang na mayroon siya.

“Julianna Marie Ceasar, 22 years old, fresh and a virgin…”  Narinig ko na naman ang boses na iyon. Nagtayuan muli ang balahibo ko sa batok, sa braso, sa binti.

“Putang- ina talaga itong mga ‘to, ang sarap patamaan ng bala sa ulo. Nakakagigil! Putang- ina chief, tignan mo ‘yung babae mukhang kagagaling lang sa sakit!”  Nanlulumo na sabi ng pulis na napakasa ng baril sa galit. It all bounced back to me, I wonder how I looked like during my time— almost naked, pale and lost. Naawa ako maging sa sarili ko, napaisip din ako kung ano ang nasa isip ni Drei nang mga oras na iyon.

Inside a fake supplier truck, may taktak na Magnolia at nakaparada sa ‘di kalayuan, we’re waiting for go signals. Beside the supplier truck are three heavily tinted vans and inside are the policemen also waiting.