Chapter I

Aizelle's POV

My imagination is a great picture of my future, everything is fast-forwarding; so bare and so rough. I still can't believe it. Did I hear the name properly? Or it's all a misunderstanding? Maybe it was. I am on my way outside and Archie is still with me.

I've really wanted to punch Archie's face since then lalo na ngayon at pasipul sipul pa siya. He's been doing this since I met him especially when he wants to ruin my mood. I look at him and he wiggles his brows. My jaw tightens and my hands are clenching. It's irritating and making me more uncomfortable.

Anyway, Archie is a waste of time. He is a scumbag. Nabalik ako sa reyalidad at naisip ko kung siya nga ba talaga ang bumili sa akin. Parang may nagbuhos sa akin ng isang baldeng tubig na punong puno ng yelo kanina. The final door inside the hub is now opening and we stop on our tracks. My mind's hazy and I am thinking of running away at the same time. But no. Why will I do that?

What are the odds? The world is too small for me and him. The sound of the door opening starts giving me bizarre and irrational feelings; my chest hammering nonstop and I can't make my eyes look outside. I am scared of the fact that I might see him. Nahihiya ako sa sitwasyon ko at sa klase pagkikita namin muli. It's such a shame.

Twenty million is the amount of money that will change my life. A small part of me is telling how awful that it only costs my life, but Archie told me I should be grateful because for the record, twenty million is the highest bid through the years of their business. I almost punched his face when he said that. Record? I don't care about their stupid record. Gusto ko silang patayin isa isa.

I bowed my head while recalling the past. It may cost my life but it means nothing to him. I may look making a mountain out of a molehill but people who knew his family would get the impression. I've known their family since I was a kid. They are everywhere; magazines, newspapers and televisions. They own one of the highest paid infrastructures in Metro. I don't know specifically what type of business they are in, but surely Dreigan Herrera is into Telecommunications.

I was guarded by the men in black suit outside; three of them, they don't talk much and seem so focus and it's giving me chills. My eyes secretly search for Dreigan and I find no one but these men in black suit.

"Is he done yet? Call him, Warren." The guy at my back speaks.

"Paperwork. Five minutes." Says the guy holding a high-end phone.

I think he is Warren, because he replied.

The hub may look unguarded and open but it is absolutely not. Marami na ang nag attempt na tumakas dito, 'yung mga babaeng nakasama ko, walang nagtagumpay. I tried it once and because of what happened to me back then, escaping had been a nightmare to me. I never did it again nor tried to think about it. Hindi biro kalabanin ang mga taong katulad nila. They are cruel than what you could imagine.

I almost jumped and went back to reality when I hear the car's door closes violently, all the cars are heavily tinted and I can't see who did that but I think it is him.

Archie suddenly grabs my shoulder, his hands so fast. "Aray!!" I reacted because of the fast but grating pain on my left ear. I didn't notice he's still here. Archie grins, waving the earrings they gave us since day one-as though his eyes reminding me and telling me I already have my freedom back. My chest violently throbbing. Muntik na ako maiyak sa nararamdaman ko but I choose to remain calm. Freedom? They stole my freedom and tortured me for years, they sell me to an old friend who's inside the car, giving me the impression that he doesn't want to talk to me; ask how I have been or why am I here. I have no idea what's ahead of me so that sums up I am still a prisoner. I am still being owned by someone.