Chapter XIX

Twitter: yuichiizuru
New story: Crossroads (Story of Clive Herrera)

*****

Aizelle's POV

"Remember what I asked you last time?" He said and trapped my cheeks between his palms. My body still trembling with fear and now I understand why he's being overprotective since I came here. The feeling of fear creeping you up and you are forced to swallow the bitter pill at the same time is a pick-and-shovel work.

They monitor the lives of the women they sell for sex. Of course the bread and butter is also a threat for the business. It is not going to be that easy which I never thought. I was so dumb not to think of that.

"Aizelle, I want you to trust me. I know it's hard and confusing.." Drei's voice trailed off, not because it was low but I couldn't hear him. I was preoccupied of not dying. I wanted to trust him my life but I know the Hiroyukis better. And besides, the fact that I am putting Drei's life in danger is also a pain in my chest. How could I always fucked up someone's life like this?

I looked at him, my sight became blurry and I feel my lips tingling. Something in my throats hurts.

"Hindi mo sila kilala Drei. Hindi mo alam sino ang binabangga natin. Even hearing their group makes me want to just die!" I sobbed. I hugged myself and ignored the disappointment in his eyes. He rubbed my arms and looked down, his face unreadable. What makes me worried is I know he is thinking of getting through their way and I don't like the idea of it. I couldn't control myself. Hell, I'm being hysterical! "T-they are after me, Drei. Papatayin nila ako. Papatayin nila ako!" I burst out crying like a kid.

"Stop it! Do you think I'll let that happen?" Drei finds his way to comfort me and I appreciate that. I just couldn't let him ruin his life because of me. I don't want to be selfish and hide myself behind him, make him as my bullet proof and see him die. No! I can't let that happen too.

Umiiyak akong binaon ang aking mukha sa kanyang dibdib. He was convincing me to make a statement to the police but no! I want to but I think running away and cutting all the connections to my love ones is the only way to fix this. It is me that they want after all. I maybe right or wrong, but for now, Drei's life is at stake and is my priority. Ngayon lang yata ako natakot ng ganito, sa dami ng pinagdaanan ko sa buhay, ngayon lang.

He didn't dare to speak anymore, more like surrendering. He hugged me instead. Siguro ay wala siyang maisip na sasabihin para mawala ang takot ko kaya naman ito na lang ang ginawa niya.

Napatingin ako kung nasaan sila Geron na nagmamasid pa rin sa paligid habang hawak ang mga baril nila. Nagpapasalamat ako sa Diyos dahil walang nasaktan kahit isa sa kanila.

The policemen came just right in time and they took over to investigate. Geron and the other guys surrendered the guy they caught earlier. Kausap ni Drei ang mga pulis at hinihingian siguro siya ng statement.

Nakita ko kung paano nila pinilit ipasok sa loob ng sasakyan ang lalaking nahuli. Napunit pa nga ang damit nito sa panlalaban. It revealed the tattoo on his shoulders, it was the same tattoo they have. Thus, I couldn't be wrong.

Drei held me in his arms and carefully guided me to step inside his car. This time, Geron will be driving for us. Drei and I will be sitting at the backseat.

"Do you know how to hold a gun?" Drei asked which caught my attention. I turned my head so I could face him, kinabahan ako lalo sa kanyang tanong.

I heard the cocking of his gun. He pointed it to a safe side as though he is targeting someone. The fear inside me ebbed and it didn't help me calm myself down as I wasn't used to seeing this side of him.