Chapter XVII

Aizelle's POV

I carefully lifted the white sheet hoping it would not wake him up. Kanina pa ako nilalamon ako ng kuryosidad habang maiging tinitignan ang kanyang balakang. Nadagdagan ang tattoo niya. The small mandala tattoo on his waist is still there, now it is surrounded by greek phrases.

Of course I couldn't read it. Only that inside my head, I was trying to memorize the symbols. I know these greek alphabets have the communality to the formulas and symbols that we use in Advance Mathematics. The sigma, theta, lambda especially the pi symbol.

Not my personal experience or whatnot, but I know there are two kinds of people who would want to get inked. First are the ones that who want to get inked because they just want to, apparently there are no substantial reasons. Second are the ones who have grand reasons, each dot of ink on their skin are meaningful and has significance in their persona or life. Drei is the latter and I know he is. He wouldn't want this for no reason and that was feeding my curiosity.

I would admit na ito ang pagkukulang ko noon sa kanya, ang alamin ang lahat pati ang kanyang nakaraan. Gusto ko'ng makabawi for the lost years we had. It was a long game that we didn't play fairly. No one wants to lose, well in fact there should be one.

In that game, one should sacrifice and that person's award are the lessons learned. Had I known that the earlier you learn, the earlier you stand, I would have sacrificed and just forget my pride and ego. I don't care if I lose the game because losing makes you stronger as long as you won't give up playing again. That is the fucking game of life. Unfortunately, our blithe spirit as teenagers didn't let us. Our pride gets the best of us and we made vast walls to protect ourselves but the walls we built collapsed on our heads and it almost killed our respect for each other.

I wouldn't let that happen again.

Drei stirred, gawa ng nakiliti ito sa pagdampi ang daliri ko sa kanyang baiwang. I pulled my hand away and looked at him. If he wakes up, at least he would see me easily. I felt my cheeks flushed, a wave of raw emotion suddenly knocked me off from ideating followed by the rush of guilt for staring at him naked; for giving him compliments and praises in my head. His body is something he should be proud of, he works out and goes to the gym at least three times a week at a guess. Maalaga ito sa kanyang katawan.

I could still feel the glistening sweat from his chest in my hands, all that he had last night seemed to transform to a type of oil embracing his skin, looking glowy. He has a very healthy skin. His muscles, the palpable muscles in his chest still make me bit my lower lip in anticipation. I couldn't get enough of every single detail of him.

Hindi lang talaga siguro ako makapaniwala na nangyayari ito ngayon.

Bigla niya akong hinapit sa baiwang ko, naka pikit pa rin ang mga mata niya.

"Hmm.." He groaned in protest, as though asking me why I was up this early. His voice thick with lusciousnes is so much for being sexually attractive. Pinatong ko ang mga kamay sa matitigas niyang dibdib at bumalik muli sa paghiga roon. His heartbeat against my ears, a proof that this is existent and not some hopeless prefigures of my fevered imagination. What we had last night, what I felt for him, it was all real.

Niyakap niya ako at dumikit sa balat ko ang kanyang relo, napatingin siya sa oras at saka binalik ang pagkakayakap sa akin.

Bigla ko'ng naramdaman ang pagkulo ng tiyan ko. Nakalimutan ko'ng nasa tiyan ko ang braso ni Drei. Nag angat ako ng tingin, napadilat siya at nakatingin na rin sa akin.

"I heard that.." aniya at malamyang napahalakhak. Gumalaw siya upang pumatong sa ibabaw ko. Muntik na akong mapatili sa ginawa niya. Sabik niya akong hinalikan, ramdam ko ang pag ngiti niya habang magkadikit ang aming mga labi.