Chapter 23

Kat's POV
I cried out in pain as they re broke my bones again. Everyday the beat me and everyday I get worse. I'm skinny and my bones are at odd angles the other prisoners can't look at me it's so bad. I can't tell how longs it's been since they've took me. And nor do I care all that matters is me getting out dead or alive. 'The blue flame' Galaxy rasped out. Blue flame? 'Make the blue flame' she rasped again.

Xavier's POV
For weeks I have pondered what the riddle meant but I couldn't figure it out. I look a mess I haven't showered or shaved I eat but very little. Everybody walks around in a haze not knowing what to do. Shes been gone 3 weeks! Three weeks without seeing her and hearing her laughter or her mega watt smile that melts your heart. Depression is huge over the pack Ameriyae calls to check but I can't bring myself to tell her nothing has come up. Caleb sulks in my head howling for his mate to come back. Nothing seems the same all most ordinary without her. She made life a party and she helped others before herself. 'Alpha there's a lead' my beta linked me. I bounded down the stairs and shifted with a step out the door.

Some miles away I saw smoke. And I thought the worst.

Kat's POV
My mother appeared in the flesh. "To make the blue flame you must think of blue fire" she told me. I clenched my hands and thought of blue fire. It took me at least 10 good tries before it caught I melted the chains and broke free. Freeing the others was easy but catching the house on fire was hard. Everything was soaked in blood but one spot caught lighting the rest. "Mom?" I stumbled to turn a hand held her mouth and she had panic in her eyes "LET. HER GO." I thundered. The fire caught into the ceiling and spread like a wild fire evil laughs filled the chambers. She was held tighter "if I die so does she" he smirked.

"NEVER" I growled and lunged for him. It took all my strength which was not much to knock him to the floor his head hit the cement with a crack. Telling me he was knocked out I grabbed my mum hand and yanked her form the fire that almost got her. Through the smoke we stumbled I saw on exit and rushed for it. She was out and I was almost when a hand wrapped around my ankle and pulled me to the floor. Fire engulfed the whole house and the ceiling threatened to collapse. "KAT!" My mother screamed and tried to come in.

I blocked it with the little magic I had left. 'I'm sorry' I linked everyone as the ceiling collapsed crushing me.

Moon Goddess POV
My daughter pushed me out but she never came. I heard a thump I tried to enter but it was blocked with magic. The roof collapsed on top and I knew it was only a matter of time before it burned to the ground 'I'm sorry' my daughters voice rang through my head. The house burnt to the ground prisoners ran for life I waited for my daughter to emerge but she never did. Suddenly a memory stick dropped into my hand 'play it' her voice whispered in the wind. A single tear rolled down my cheek.

Third person POV
Everyone received Kat's link and it caused panic. Her mate arrived at the scene of the fire he knew she was there but he couldn't find her. He had everyone search the remains but they never found her. The moon goddess gave the memory stick to him and together with her sister the watched what Kat gave them.

Ameriyae's POV
We silently watched the memory stick on Xavier's laptop. A white room popped up and she walked onto the screen "hey guys" she waved. "I know you guys are watching this because I sent to you from the void" she explained "the middle" my mother whispered. We turned back to the screen watching her memory in a slide show. Perfect pictures of her, Xavier, me, friends, pack members, and family scrolled through. While in the back ground her sang 'You & I' by 1D. Silently we all cried and watched. At the end she smiled, blew a kiss and made a heart sign with her hands.

Just before it turned off ever so quietly I almost didn't catch it she said 'I'll be back soon'. The thought of her being gone made me cry harder. "What's the void" Xavier demanded "it's a place between life and death" my mother explained "Kat died but I didn't feel it!" He shook with rage. "She blocked the pain from you" she whispered and a single tears dropped down her face. "Only Faith can bring her out if Kat wants to stay alive" she continued "if she does she'll be back and if not she'll become a goddess" she finished. Xavier just sat there frozen soaking the information she gave us.