Highschool Flashback 1

The day was bleak as y/n walked into the familiar school gates. The day had just started as she was already begging for it be over. As she approached her locker she noticed a nervous looking boy waiting in front of it.

"H-Hey Y/n! Do you want to go on a date with me after school? We could get food or go to an arcade...."

"Sorry but I can't." She replied with a sheepish grin.

He hung his head and walked away leaving y/n alone at her locker. She wasn't lying- she really couldn't go, but even if she was free today, she wouldn't be the next day, or the day after that. Y/n was too busy with her job she had no time for dating. She didn't mind, her job was her priority and she was lucky to have it. She currently was working in a low-level job on the task support team at JYP Entertainment. She's hoping to work her way through the ranks and get a job as manger of her own group, but that was long ways away. Right now, she was just a teenager balancing school and work. Y/n walked to her class and resumed her usual seat next to the window. She watched the trees blow in the wind as she started to daydream, but was soon snapped out of her thoughts.

"Class, please welcome our new student, Felix."

Y/n looked up to see who the teacher was talking about and saw a boy with dark hair and little freckles sprinkled across his cheeks. He seemed nervous and quickly walked to the only available seat. The one right in front of y/n. He must be so scared... I wonder if he's made any friends yet. The girl leaned forward as he sat down and whispered a friendly hello to him which he hastily returned. The teacher then started lecturing and time felt like it had stopped. After what felt like an eternity, it was finally lunch time. Y/n walked to the cafeteria and noticed Felix eating by himself. She decided to go sit with him since she didn't have anyone else to sit with. Having a social life was hard when she had to go to JYP almost everyday after school. It wasn't as if people didn't like her, she had plenty of acquaintances, but she was never able to get past that.

"Hello! How are you liking our school?" She questioned while sitting across from him.

"Hello! It's very nice."

"Will it bother you if I sit here?"

"No! Go ahead. Im sorry if my Korean isn't very good. It's not my first language."

"Oh? what is?"

"English. I'm from Australia."

"I'm actually half American. I speak English at home all the time! We can talk in English if you want."

The boy was clearly relieved after finding this out. He visibly relaxed and began talking again, this time in English.

"You're half American? On which side?"

"My dad is from California. He met my mom while traveling abroad to korea. They fell in love and he moved here so she wouldn't have to leave her home. It's truly a romantic love story." She explained while exaggerating her words, making it as sarcastically dramatic as the girl could. Felix let out a chuckle and as he did, y/n couldn't help but admire the big smile plastered on his face.

The pair spent the rest of their lunch break conversing easily. Y/n noticed that Felix was much more confident when he was able to speak English. He was so goofy and fun and completely different than the shy boy who walked into her first period. Maybe we will actually become friends...

After school, y/n quickly went to the bus stop and waited for the bus to arrive. Eventually the bus came and she went to the JYP building. As soon as she got there she went to the bathrooms in the lobby so she could change out of her school uniform and into more business professional clothes. After quickly greeting the people at the front desk she went up to the offices where her small cubical was. She looked at her desk calendar and saw she was scheduled for a meeting in 30 minutes. Y/n was unsure specifically what it was about, but she had heard that JYP had selected her and other members from her team to work with a new group that was supposed to form. She decided to spend her spare time dong basic errands around the office such as putting more paper in the copy machine/printer and taking out the trash. The basic tasks around the office successfully passed the time and soon y/n was walking towards the meeting room. When she walked in, she was surprised to see a familiar face sitting at the table with 7 other boys.

"oh Felix!"

The boy looked over at the sound of his name and was surprised to see the girl from his class standing in front of him. The other boys all looked over expectantly, confused onto why this person knew Felix. His surprise soon faded into a friendly smile, which y/n gratefully returned. She sat down and waited for the meeting to start. Soon, JYP entered and walked to the front of the room.

"Hello! This meeting is about the new boy group we will be forming. I hope everyone in this room can get aquatinted, because you will be working together from now, until debut. I have picked out these team members to serve as the staff for this project." He explained.

As the meeting dragged on, JYP explained how the group was going to have a TV show, and members may be eliminated. Y/n was assigned to being a part time assistant for the staff. She would have jobs like picking up coffee, or writing things into their calendars. Instead of being frustrated she didn't have a more involved role, she decided to look at the positive side. I've never been able to work this closely with a group or mangers, this is my chance to make a good impression and prove I am capable of more complicated jobs.