Chapter 21

Tom caught on so he wouldn't look in your direction at all until he announced the lecture dismissed. You sat up at the back corner of the room, no one taking much notice of you hanging back, save Tom who was trying to break away from a student who had stayed behind to talk. So you mouthed that you'd wait for him by his car, he nodded once and you made your way out of the classroom. A short man in a tweed suit came toward you, you recognised him as Mr, or rather, Dr Weadon, he stopped beside you long enough to whisper,
"Stay away from Mr Cartwright. Go home right away." Before walking on. You were baffled but before you could ask him anything, he'd disappeared into the crowd. Tom was now walking toward you and then past you, you followed him to the carpark before catching up to him at his car, "I hope you appreciate Miss Y/N the favour that I'm doing you by driving you to the motor repair shop." Tom said loud enough for a suspicious bystander to hear.
"Yes, thank you, sir." You you replied just as loudly in as innocent voice as you could manage. Then you were driving along the street, just blocks away from your house.
"So when are we going to do it?" You ask suddenly, the question had been playing on your mind for a while.
"Do what?" He asks slightly baffled.
"Don't play innocent. You know what." He glances at you, confused for a moment before the realisation dawns on him, "Whenever you're ready I suppose." He shrugs, "I'm willing to wait."
You consider this for a moment, you hadn't really though much of when you and Tom would actually have sex but you thought that if this was to be an actual affair, it might happen sooner than you anticipated. He seemed to understand your silence and was a bit reluctant when he stopped the car in your garage.
"Do you still want to continue from where we left off last night?" He asks, his voice hesitant as though expecting you to say no.
"Absolutely." You say although your voice lacked some enthusiasm. He looked disappointed so you took his hand, giving him a reassuring squeeze before getting out of the car. He follows suit, his eyes gleaming again, allowing you to take his hand as you lead him inside and backed yourself up against a wall.