Chapter 5

His office looks like any other office but with papers scattered around in neat piles and a cup of cold coffee on the desk. He moves behind his desk and gestures for you to take the seat opposite him. You do. With your conflicted thought about him, you feel slightly uncomfortable and feel it hard to make eye contact.
"I wanted to talk to you about what happened at the end of class today." He says calmly, obviously waiting for you to reply.
"I don't know, I guess I was just ... tired?" You offer as an excuse. He leans his elbows on the desk, hunching his shoulders in.
"You know that's a measly excuse right? This is college, you can't afford to zone out like that. Besides, I thought you said you liked Othello."
"I did- I mean I do, it's just, it wasn't on the top of my thought list this morning. I mean, no it was but -" you cit yourself off before you can make a bigger fool of yourself.
"I know I've been making some gestures that might be confusing to you and I apologise but I assure you their meant to be friendly not flirtatious." He says as if reading your mind.
"How did you-?"
"Lucky guess," He smiles apologetically, "I hope this doesn't compromise any developments in our relationship Miss Y/N. if we are to be anything, let us be friends."
"Um, okay Sir." You say slowly, "Friends sounds great." He puts a hand out and you take it, "Fantastic." He grins, "And when we're outside class, please call me Tom."
"Alright S- uh Tom." You reply smiling politely, this might take a bit of getting used to.