Chapter 19

You fling yourself down on the floor, crawling into a crouching position under the desk as soon as Trent enters the room. Tom moves to stand behind his desk, from down here he looks extra tall, all legs. You can't help but check him out.
"What do you want Trent?" Tom asks trying not to sound too annoyed.
"That girl of yours, you know the one in your English Lit class? What'shername?" Trent asks, his tone makes you shiver, not the good kind either.
"In case you haven't noticed I teach quite a number of young women, too which are you referring" Tom asks stepping closer to the desk, although careful not to trod on you, it looks as though he's leaning on the desk.
"The one you make the googly eyes at. Y/N? There's something going on between you isn't there?" You cover your mouth with your hand muffling your gasp.
"I don't know what you're talking about." Tom replies casually.
"Oh come on, I know the signs of a secret affair with one of your students, I've had them myself." You're utterly speechless, Trent Cartwright just admitted to having an affair with students! You thought they were only rumours.
"I can assure you Trent that there is nothing going on between me and whatever her name is. She's merely a student and not my type anyway." Tom says, although you're pretty sure he's lying, his words still sting.
"As you say Master Hiddleston, just be aware that I'll be keeping a close eye on you. And Y/N." and with that you hear him leave the room, closing the door behind him. Tom waits a moment and then sighs and steps back from the desk.
"Whatever her name is? Not your type?" You demand, getting to your knees.
"What else was I supposed to say?" Tom asks, his eyes tired.
You sigh frustrated, you knew he was right but it didn't matter, you were still annoyed with him. He takes your hand but you snatch it away, turning your back to him.
"I'm going home." You state defiantly.
"How are you going to get there?" He asks, the hint of a smile in his voice. You scowl at the ground. You'd both planned he'd take you home after he was done with his lectures. "When does your next lecture start?" You ask, turning to face him. He checks his watch, in ten minutes.