Chapter 24

"An act of love?" You ask. You hadn't really thought about love and Tom before, I mean yes you were in a relationship with the man but did you love him? There was definitely attraction, you admired both his brains and beauty and enjoyed the way his skin felt against yours, you also felt something deeper but was that love? You weren't sure. You knew you wanted him, you knew life without him would be dull, seeing with someone else, the though made your blood run cold, but that was what it felt like with every developing relationship right? You certainly wanted to love Tom, you at least liked him in a way that wasn't platonic. You felt him move away from you, start to stand but you caught him by the hand and dragged him down. "Don't tell me you love me because you think that'll make me sleep with you right now. I want you to tell me when you know you love me." Tom says both gently and sternly at the same time.
"Why do you feel so strongly about this?" You ask, it wasn't exactly what you'd wanted to say but it came out anyway. He takes his hand in yours, forcing your eyes to look into his beautiful blue ones.
"Because I." He shakes his head then starts again, "The feelings I have for you, they're stronger than the feelings any professor should have for a student. I am willingly risking my career for you, a student even though I know it's wrong. But you make me wanna break the rules. You make me feel like everything's alright and every time I see you, I just want to kiss you and never stop. But I don't want to put everything on the mine for a woman who just wants pleasure and doesn't love me back. I don't want to regret our first time Y/N. I need to know you love me as much as I love you for this to proceed any further than heated make up sessions and almost going all the way." His voice had risen and lowered with passion, you could tell he meant every word of it and yet he looked vulnerable, afraid. Afraid that even now you might reject him. But how could you say no to those desperate blue eyes, large, soft hands and beautiful specimen in front of you. You bush your lips against his, "Alright." You whisper, "But I'll need time." He nods, "Of course."