Chapter 33

The next morning you awoke to the sun shining through your curtains. Tom's arm is resting on your side as he spoons you from behind. You turn your head to face him, his eyes already open and staring at you.
"Good morning." He greets happily.
"Good morning." You reply grinning. You turn your body to face him and he gives you a soft kiss on the mouth.
"How long have you been awake?" You ask in a whisper even though there was no one else in the house.
"Not long at all actually." He whispers, stroking your chin with his thumb.
You smile and tilt your head to kiss him again when your alarm goes off, you'd forgotten to switch it off yesterday. You groan and hit the snooze button, Tom yawning and shifting in bed next to you.
"Where are you going?" You ask Tom as he gathers his clothes from the floor.
"You may have finished exams but I have work to do." He replies. You can tell he's not happy about it.
"I'm sure it can wait. Come back to bed." You insist, he only smiles.
"Wouldn't you want to know your results as soon as possible?" He asks.
"Not if it meant giving up time with you."
Smiling, he walks over and kisses you softly on the mouth, they become slower and deeper and just when you think you've got him again, he pulls back.
"I'm really sorry Y/N, but you'll just have to wait until I get back."
"So you'll be here again tonight?" You ask grinning.
"The doctor recommended getting a good night's sleep. You helped give me one last night."
He winks and then makes his way to the bathroom. You slip on an old shirt of yours that's practically a dress and are about to start breakfast when he enters the kitchen.
"I'll be back before dinner."
"Mmmkay." You say. He pulls you close and kisses you again before exiting the kitchen and leaving the house.
Sighing, but happy, you decide you leave breakfast until after you've had a shower.
Then you'll make the house look as romantic as possible for another night in with Tom.

(Sorry about the long wait. I didn't know where else to go with it.)
#collegeaffairsfanfic