Chapter 17

The first alarm rings and you ignore it. The second time it goes off Tom sits bolt upright causing you too nearly fall off the couch, so you purposely slide somewhat gracefully and land on your backside on the carpet. Tom looks down at you, confused until he slowly starts to remember the events of the night before. "You stayed?" He asks by way of greeting, sitting up and helping you off the floor.
"Yes, for three reasons," you say dusting yourself off, "One, I'd made myself comfortable on the couch. Two, I didn't want to leave and three, even if I did want to go, I had no method of transportation."
He smiles, the sort of smile that boys always wear when they've woken up happy.
"Well thank you, for everything. I had a really good night's sleep last night." He thanks but a flash of guilt passes his face, "I'm also very sorry for snapping and yelling at you. Forgive me?"
You grin and wave your hand, "You're already forgiven. You should've been able to tell by the make out session just after you started yelling." You tease. He smiles again and goes to the kitchen to make tea but you eye him wearily.
"Tom," you start, the warning in your voice makes him look at you, his blue eyes expectant, "promise me you'll come home at a reasonable time tonight and have a good nights sleep."
His face goes serious then he sighs and pours in the hot water, and grins, "Only if you promise to take me home."
You chuckle, nodding.
"My house or yours?" He asks. You look around the place, it was a good looking bachelor pad but you didn't want the neighbours to find out about you just yet. You grin back at him, "You pick." He takes a sip of his coffee, "Yours." He says with a wink.