Chapter 15

The man steps into the office and you take another step away from Tom.
"But sir, these papers need to be marked." Tom protests trying to hide his exhaustion.
"Your health is more important and these papers can wait." He says seriously.
"Alright Doctor Weadon, just give me a minute." Tom says but Mr Weadon scowls at him, "Home. Bed. Now." He orders before turning to look at you, "Make sure that he gets there."
"Yes Sir." You nod as you reach for Tom's elbow. He pouts but grabs his keys and wallet before letting you lead him out the door, Mr Weadon walking behind you until you get to the car park. He puts his hand out for Tom's keys. Tired and annoyed Tom grips tighter on his keys.
"I'll be fine." He says through gritted teeth.
"I will not have you risking your life driving alone and tired." Mr Weadon argues. Having said nothing for the past five minutes, you speak up now, "I can drive T-Mister Hiddleston home sir. That way we know he won't be wondering off." You suggest.
"But don't you have a car?" Mr Weadon asks. You shake your head no, your car was getting repaired and got a lift with a friend but you didn't think he needed to know that. Mr Weadon sighed but gave in, "Thank you Miss?"
"Y/N," Tom supplies or you, "yes, thank you." With a final look of concern, the board member walks in the direction of his car and you and Tom walk to his. You beat him to the drivers side and hold out your hand for the keys. Annoyed, he drops them in your hand and gets in the passenger side. You start the car, cool air from the air con blasting your face.
"You shouldn't be doing this for me. I can look after myself." Tom states through gritted teeth.
"If you call caffeine overdrive and lack of sleep looking after yourself then I'd say you were doing just fine." You counter, annoyed at him.
"If this wasn't my car I'd have started walking by now." He mutters. You turn out of the exit, "Better luck next time." You mutter. He fixes his stare at the windscreen, giving you directions in a voice so low you almost can't hear him. Finally you arrive at his apartment building. He protests when you get out with him and when you enter the lift together until you reach his door.