Almost

Author's Note: I would love to know your thoughts about this story so far. Feel free to comment as you wish. And don't forget to click that tiny star for a vote (:

Chapter 26

Kim

My lungs were dying for air as I ran up the steps and knocked on Amber's front door. She had to know what Angelica and Star planned on doing. I knew Amber was acting different lately, but she was still my friend and she had to know the truth. I still couldn't believe Angelica would even say that. What kind of friend was she?

I panted for air as I waited at the doorstep.

Come on! Come on!

What was taking so long?

I knocked again but there was no answer. An impulse pushed me to see if the door was unlocked—it was—and I was grateful for it. I quickly walked upstairs and into Amber's room.

Shit.

She wasn't there. Where was she?

I ripped a sticky note from her bedside table and left her a note.

Amber

Jamming to music got tiring. So, I decided to do something unpredictable. I climbed up a tree and slipped inside Jayko's open window. He laid on his bed, resting his eyes with his arms folded behind his dark brown hair. He had in headphones and he didn't have a shirt on. His eyes opened and flickered to the window just as I climbed inside.

"Surprise." I smirked.

He slowly took off his headphones. The way his soft eyes traveled down my gray shirt and back up to my face made me walk over to him. I sat beside him as he sat up on his bed.

"What are you doing here?" he murmured.

"I came to visit my hero," I expressed as I grasped his firm thigh.

He inhaled sharply and dropped his gaze down to my hand. He looked so hot blushing.

"I-umm-uh... y-you just can't be here," he said.

"And why not?"

I slid my hand a little higher and squeezed hard.

"Uh." He hesitated, blinking a few times. "Because"—he grabbed my hand and slid it back down—"you're kind of seeing my brother and I... don't want to interfere with that."

I smiled playfully and removed my hand. "Who said you were interfering?"

"Amber, you have to leave," he said softly.

"No."

I laid back and propped my elbows on the sheets. He had a view of what was underneath my shirt if he looked in between my propped up legs. He swallowed hard, straining his vision not to look.

"You know you wanna look," I teased, swaying my leg side to side. "Why don't you just do it? Your brother is not here."

"Amber, you have to leave," he repeated calmly.

I giggled. "The only way I'll leave is if you carry me."

He looked me in the eyes, his face holding some type of emotion I couldn't quite detect yet he didn't say anything. Above all, he looked sexy staring at me. And those hands that rested on his lap would be perfect for roaming my body.

"Besides, I want to stay here," I confessed as I sat back up. "I want to talk to my hero."

I moved forward, crawling to him. Straddling his waist, I neared my lips to his and snaked my hand through his hair. I felt his hot minty breath—felt his dark hesitant eyes slip into mine.