Joyride

Author's Note: This is Garnald. 💓👌

Chapter 18

Amber

I frowned. "What kind of joyride?"

"The joyride of your life."

We entered the garage and I couldn't believe what was happening. I barely knew Blake. What the hell? He released my hand and reached for a set of keys.

"Which ride you want?" he asked.

I hesitated. "Are you sure Garnald let's you ride?"

He chuckled. "I'm sure he won't mind."

I giggled. Blake was as crazy as Garnald.

"Look, it was nice meeting you," I began softly. "But I'd rather head back inside."

He chuckled again. "Are you scared?"

"No. It's just that I don't know you."

"Then get to know me.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed," he coaxed.

I hesitated again.

Should I?

I mean Blake didn't look malicious or anything. I knew my decision was crazy, but I agreed to go with Blake. I told him we should go on the Audi R8 and he grabbed the keys. We settled in my dream car and a jolt of excitement coursed through my body. Sitting inside my dream car was a dream come true.

I grinned. "I can't believe this."

"What? The car?"

"Yeah. I always wanted to get in one of these."

He threw me a smirk. "Well, now you did."

He started the engine and it roared to life. The sound was like magic to my ears. I buckled in my seat belt, and he reversed the Audi. The garage doors automatically opened for us, and he drove out of Garnald's garage. He streaked down the road and accelerated faster.

Within seconds, the vehicle was in 100 miles per hour. I felt the power of the car as he drove. He took each curve like nothing.

"I'm gonna go faster," he said. "Hold on."

My eyebrows raised. "What?"

Wasn't he going fast enough?

He flashed me a grin. "Just hold on."

He pressed the gas pedal harder, and my back pushed against the leather seat.

Holy shit!

We zoomed through the road like lightning speed. I pierced out a squeal and held on as he drifted through every curve.

Suddenly, a cop siren boomed in the air. A cop car was speeding after us. Red and blue lights flickered everywhere.

"Oh my God," I breathed. "Pull over, the cops!"

"Don't sweat it," he reassured. "I could lose them."

He barked out a laugh as he accelerated faster. The cop car chased right behind us.

Holy shit!

If we get caught or if we wreck Garnald's car, we were going to be in some serious trouble. A burst of panic shot through my every thought.

Oh my God. Oh my God.

"PULL OVER!" the cop yelled. "I REPEAT! PULL OVER!"

When I thought the cop car was going to bang us, that was when Blake did the unexpected. He swerved the car in a 180 spin, and I lost my breath. The car landed on the opposite lane, and the cop car flew past us.