It's Over

Author's Note: Looks like a Jayko to me. 😉💖

Chapter 11

Amber

I slowly turned around in fear—scared to the living thought that someone that I might not know would be behind me.

I hoped to God—prayed to him that it wasn't a killer or anything crazy like that.

Heather was behind me, a couple of steps away. She stood her ground, staring fiercely into my eyes. A devilish gleam sparked in them.

"What are you doing here?" I breathed. "How did you get in?"

"It doesn't matter how I got in," she snapped. "Besides, I warned you about Aiden, didn't I?"

My mind flew back to the night of Halloween when she crept up behind me in the empty bathroom.

"I like the lipstick your wearing." A menacing glint flickered in her eyes as she had moved her lips to my ear. "Just make sure they don't touch my boyfriend's lips."

My breath hitched.

That night I thought I was hallucinating. I thought was it all fake, but now that she had said it was real... my heart convulsed against my chest. My hands quivered by my sides.

Holy shit...

She was actually there that night. She was actually saying those words to me. And she had actually vanished in a blink of an eye.

But how was that possible? How could she disappear so quickly?

Heather flashed a crooked smile. "I guess you didn't listen..."

One thousand one... one thousand two...

Her smile dropped.

And then, just then, I knew my life was over.

In a split second, she launched across and gripped my arms. Her pointy nails popped holes in my skin and I screamed. I twisted and squirmed to get out of her grip. She tightened her hold on my arms and I cried in agony. Warm liquid gushed down my arms.

I kept screaming and crying for help. But I felt like nobody could hear me—not even my mom. I felt as if my words were forever trapped underwater—as if it would never escape beyond the surface and break free for someone to hear.

Please hear me! Please!

I begged.

Heather's neck cracked from side to side. She growled, flashing her sharp deadly canines. Her once brown eyes swirled into a deeper, darker, dangerous color.

My eyes grew larger and I used all my might to fight for my escape.

Heather threw me from the living room and I flew across the kitchen. I crashed against the floor. I whimpered as I tried to get back up. My hands slipped and I fell weakly. I tried again—my body aching. I propped my elbows on the floor and dragged my body backwards.

I had to get out of here!

I gasped as Heather's bones clicked and crackled. Her hands dropped to the floor and the insides of her back moved in a way that left me paralyzed.

Holy shit!

Growling escaped her throat. Her clothes ripped and she transformed into a... a... a werewolf. The wolf was as big as two wolves combined.

My eyes widened. My lower lip quivered. I screamed louder. I scurried back and my body slammed against the kitchen cabinets.

"Get away from me!"