Kisses

Author's Note: That's Aiden's bedroom *wink wink* 😉😂

The song for this chapter is called Dreams by Bastille.

Chapter 39

Amber

How did I get here?

The memories from last night were completely blank—missing. I couldn't remember anything. With my head still throbbing, I slowly sat up on the warm king-sized bed and glanced around.

The bedroom was massive and spacious—triple the size of mine. With white walls and polished pinewood tiles and lavishly furnished in beige, black and white, the room looked straight from a magazine. Clean and organized yet modernized and comfortable. But what entranced me the most, catching my attention was the large glass wall to my right. The glass wall had a sliding door that led to a balcony—it overlooked the calm forest—a scenery I would never want to look away from.

"Good morning," a husky voice broke in.

I jumped, my heart at my throat as I glanced behind me. And once I did, I was hooked, mesmerized.

Coming out of the hot steamy bathroom was Aiden, half naked. My eyes traveled to his wet hair and his sensual lips, down to his glistening broad chest and cut up abs. Red boxers rode low on his hips and I bit my lip, trying to control myself.

Oh God.

He looked good, too deliciously good as he stalked toward me, his intense gaze holding me captive. He sat at the edge of the bed—close enough that I could reach and touch him, smell him. He smelled of strong cologne—and all I wanted was to pull him closer.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, waking me up from my daze.

Better.

Especially when you're with me.

Instead, I murmured, "Not too good."

I still had a headache. Although he distracted me from it, the pain bothered.

My breath caught as he leaned forward and for a split second I thought he was going to kiss me until he reached for a glass of water and pill from his bedside table.

How did I not notice that there?

Because you were too busy ogling Aiden.

"This will ease away the pain."

He dropped the small pill on my palm and handed me the cold glass.

"Thank you."

I took a sip of the cool water and drank down the medicine. My mouth felt refreshed and much better. I placed the empty glass back on the nightstand and faced him. I had so many questions to ask. I didn't know where to start.

"What happened last night?"

"You passed out. So, I brought you here."

I frowned. Why couldn't I remember?

"Where was I?"

"Kim's party," he answered and something triggered my memory. I slowly lowered my gaze to the floor.

The memories from last night came filling in, piece by piece. I remembered arriving at the beach party with Reece and Kim, heading over to Donny's group, getting humiliated and drinking so much just to forget all about him—the guy who I fell deeply for and I... ugh. I needed to stop thinking about Donny. Thinking of him wasn't helping at all—not one single bit.

"Amber," Aiden whispered. He slowly lifted my chin until our eyes met. He was frowning, worried. "What's wrong?"

The proximity of us being dangerously close—in his bedroom with only him—caused me to lose my breath. My eyes involuntarily fell down to his lips. They were inches away, sculpted like a god, irresistible and alluring.