The Dark Forest

Author's Note: So before you read I would like to thank  @Bon_eee for making this super cute cover for me 😋💕

Chapter 50

Amber

His lips burned with hostility. In that moment, I couldn't breathe. He took away every piece of my air—he took away every piece of my heart—devouring me as he did in Wild Night.

But this was all so different.

He was angry—and I felt it when he kissed my mouth. He was angry at me—angry at him—angry at what I did—angry in his world—and he had every right to be...

I caused him to be angry. I caused all of this. And it was nothing I could do to change back my mistake.

He roughly held my wrists against the blue lockers—his hands tightening around my skin, hurting me. His kisses were nothing like before. They were was out of control. And he was out of control.

I wanted to pull away because of Aiden, but he pulled away first. His lips didn't move far. His flaming, black eyes were like daggers to my chest. But as I looked deeper into his eyes, something vulnerable and unarmed hid in them. The kiss he marked me with wasn't just nothing.

It was something.

I could feel it electrifying in the air around us. He chose to ignore it.

"Happy now?" he remarked bitterly.

I blew out a shaky, low breath. I was shaking from his aggression. He pushed himself off me. And just like that, he walked away. He walked toward the direction he was originally heading and disappeared around the corner. The last thing I saw from him was his black hair and leather jacket. My mind swirled in a daze, scattering weakly.

He kissed me.

Donny kissed me...

I gulped and leaned away from the lockers. I trembled undeniably. I forced my feet to move forward. I could barely even walk. My thoughts were glued to what just happened. Heading to class and right before I entered inside, I touched my startling lips with my soft fingertips. The whole school day was a blur of mixed things. My focus was elsewhere.

Our closeness drove me over the edge. My repressed feelings for him broke out of its cover.

Donny...

Donny held my mind hostage.

Slowly driving through my quiet neighborhood, I caught sight of my house a few houses down. I expected to see my mother's SUV, but it wasn't parked in the driveway. Another car was there—a sleek, black car—Luke's car.

I parked my Audi right behind his and swung my car door open. Where was my mother's car? Why was his car only here? Did my mother park her car inside the garage?